Micro Table Top truck...thats right.......it gets smaller

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Micro Table Top truck...thats right.......it gets smaller

Post by Sporttracguy »

I was walking through my local wallyworld and saw these tiny die cast cars in clear cases (they run about $2.50 each) so i picked up a couple of land rovers thinking they would make an awsome r/c car. They sat on my desk for months since i had no idea how i was going to make one of these tiny cars move by remote.

Well the other day i got motivated after work and ran across some single ply carbon fiber that would make a perfect platform for my micro rover and this is what i came up with:

*I used a zipzap for scale*

Im using a pcb from one of those twisty cars so that i can use one motor for steering. The motors and gears are smaller than bit motors and came from a small cheap'O tank that has long since been parted out. The chassis is single ply carbon fiber(with a black coating on one side) The pcb just bairly fits under the body and ill be using a tiny lipo that will fit under the cab but it will need to stick out slightly from the sun roof(ill make it look like a roof rack or something :???: )

Since i havent had time to test it im not sure if the gearing will be too high or not with the lipo but time will tell. I used a wd-40 straw for the axles and pivot point of the rear suspension. Its still a work in progress but i thought i would post this, maybe spark some other's imaginations.

Enjoy,

STG
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

That;s a nice looking TTTT!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Too cool, good to see you doing your thing again. :-o
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Good to see you are back, Ryan. I can't wait to see what else your going to come up with.
1000+ post of BS.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That is too cool. I saw them tiny little cars, I never thought I could ever make anything RC out of them. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

Freakin' sweet dude. That thing looks tiny compared to a ZZ. Holy! :shock:
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I to have looked at those little cars and thought they would be great in RC! Nice work the smaller the better in my book I bet that would be super with an HO scale Train set.

speeding car-meets speeding train! :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

It good to see you in the hood. :grin:
Amaizing :eek:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I was thinking, "yeah so its a little smaller, BFD." until I noticed how big that drive engine looks sitting there...holy crap. My hats off to ya'.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Critters
bitHood

Post by Critters »

dude does that thing run yet?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

yeah man, sucker runs like a champ. since i couldn't make it propo i installed a tiny pot on the rover so i can change the speed when needed...i just moved into a new place so its in a box somewhere but ill try and dig it out for some pictures.

STG
Critters
bitHood

Post by Critters »

Sweet! can you do a vid? this thing rocks!
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Re: Micro Table Top truck...thats right.......it gets smaller

Post by vwmicrosizer »

i got 1 of these but it was a black landrover. i had the same type of steering method and motor. but i used i piece of carbon fiber. and i used lego wheels. not the small monster truck wheels but small offroad tires that r the same size as slicks.. it may be 2wd but it is a great truck
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

vwmicrosizer wrote:i got 1 of these but it was a black landrover. i had the same type of steering method and motor. but i used i piece of carbon fiber. and i used lego wheels. not the small monster truck wheels but small offroad tires that r the same size as slicks.. it may be 2wd but it is a great truck
Can we see some pictures or a video? This site could use some more info on super small scale stuff if you've got them.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

Smoke&Mirrors wrote:
vwmicrosizer wrote:i got 1 of these but it was a black landrover. i had the same type of steering method and motor. but i used i piece of carbon fiber. and i used lego wheels. not the small monster truck wheels but small offroad tires that r the same size as slicks.. it may be 2wd but it is a great truck
Can we see some pictures or a video? This site could use some more info on super small scale stuff if you've got them.
well the truck is not finished yet. i cinda put it on hold since school has started.