ZZ MT form a regular ZZ?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Get your self some vise grips and clamp on to the axle, start pulling and twisting after that.
1000+ post of BS.
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

I just found out the easist way to take the out of the axel.
Grab em' w/ some pliers and hold one wheel and then take a lighter or other heat source(but lighter works best) and heat up the axle for a couple of seconds and then BAM!!! it slides off. Just make sure to not heat up the axel too long or it might melt the wheel itself :-o

EDIT: To make hte front wheels, it says to use bushings. What are the bushings made out of?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

brass. try a craft shop, i got mine from a model boat shop.
i used to be cool
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

oh ok, thanks betty. What size tube was it?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

not sure, just get the smallest you can.
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The way I find these things out--because I hate doing things the right way--is to go to the hobby shop or hardware store with the axle/pin and start sticking it in tubes to see where it fits best...kind of like in high-school...Oh wait that was something else I kept getting in trouble for trying to stick in. 8-)
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

sidewinder wrote:The way I find these things out--because I hate doing things the right way--is to go to the hobby shop or hardware store with the axle/pin and start sticking it in tubes to see where it fits best...kind of like in high-school...Oh wait that was something else I kept getting in trouble for trying to stick in. 8-)
Lol, I'm with you on that!!! :-o
Well, I finished it without the bushings. My nextone will be better. Here are some pics of my first mod:

civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

pretty sweet man :-o

prolly better than my first mods, well ya, my first mods weren't shit..

what do you have planned for the body? i see something over on the side :???:
[]D [] []V[] []D
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Looks like you're off to a great start :-o Keep up the good work.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Thanks guys, you guys ar my motivation, mainly cause my cousins arent into this. Yeah, that thing on the left side, that body was from a dollar store "diecast" car set. I noticed it wasn't wide enought so I'm gonnna try another body from the set. If that doesn't work, I have an Evo bit body. But I have to cut it to make it longer. I was jsut wondering where to cut. if you guys need Pics, I'll take some.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It depends on the body but try to find the flatest place...

this is a real simple explination but it might help.

sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Edit: My bad, wrong button. :fool:
Last edited by sidewinder on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

OO, ok. I'm gonna have to goe with strenght than looks. But I was thinking of just making a roll cage glued directly on to the chassis. But here are some pics on the car body I need to strech. Adn heres a hummer body form the dicast set.