Anyone know how they did this?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
bigboi24
bitThug

Anyone know how they did this?

Post by bigboi24 »

Anyone know how this person on mircorccenter.com did this? This is how i want to make my ZZ into.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

your gonna have to give your zip a little wheelbase reduction, its a bit :razz:

but ya, its a simple mod, lego whels snap onto zz rims, add a dual cell, play in dirt.
[]D [] []V[] []D
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Damn. Now i gotta find a bit :? lol, thanks for the answer
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

I tryed what you said, lego wheels fit right onto the ZZ wheels, it doesn't. whats wrong? can you explain?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, civics...did you mean zzmt rims or are you talking about cutting the centers out of regular zz wheels. I saw betty.k's mods but I never saw a snap on mod? I searched the forum...do you have a link to any tuts? Thanks.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

those lego rims in the center of the wheel fits into an empty hubcap. add a litle ca and slide the tire back on and they are mounted.
[]D [] []V[] []D
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Unless you want to try and make *exactly* that.... You don't have to find a bit, there are Dirty Zips too.

They take the mods just as well. Plus, if you you a new gen (car, xformer) Zip, and remove the motor resistor, they'll be better suited for dirt than a Bit. Motor steering is nice. Dual cell can be installed in the tub. Easier wheel adapting.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I agree with frizzen. I think that with motored steering, it would turn larger wheels better while driving.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks, Those legos wheels might make nice racing wheels...now if I can just cut some foam tiers for slicks :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

frizzen wrote:Unless you want to try and make *exactly* that.... You don't have to find a bit, there are Dirty Zips too.

They take the mods just as well. Plus, if you you a new gen (car, xformer) Zip, and remove the motor resistor, they'll be better suited for dirt than a Bit. Motor steering is nice. Dual cell can be installed in the tub. Easier wheel adapting.
On the Cars ZZs, if you remove the motor resistor, its essentially dual celled. It comes with the same 2.4v battery as the SE.

First gen ZZs are also better for dual celling than bits, because you can hide the 2nd battery in the chassis, by flipping the PCB, keeping the center of gravity low.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

I jsut tested them again, anad surely enough, they DO fit. Sorry Civic. A couple of Q & A's
1) How to you do the wheel base reduction?
2) Is you MT in the picture you posted, a Zip Zap or a Bit CharG?
3) would this cell work in a ZZ duel cell mod? The cell is made by TOMY.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

1.Why would you want to do a wheel base reduction?
2.That looks to be a Bit in the picture.
3.Yes, the cell would work.

Now ZZ are easier to dual cell, but also keep in mind that you can pick up bit clones for $2.99
1000+ post of BS.
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Well, what IS a wheel base reduction? what part is being shaved/ cut off?
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I don't see any reason to cut anything off. I have heard of people extending the wheel base but never shortening it.
1000+ post of BS.
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Lol, whoa, slow down, I'm not really following what your saying :???: Ok, what do you mean by" extending the wheel base?" like making the rear axels LONGER? or what? I found out that if I do what civic said, the rear tires are gonna rub agains the chassis. I'm thinking of 2 things 1) Make the rear axles longer, or 2) cut off some of the chassis