ZZMT Articulation mod Q's

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
bigboi24
bitThug

ZZMT Articulation mod Q's

Post by bigboi24 »

Hey everyone, I just got my first and new ZZMT from ebay. I REALLY love it adn enjoy it a lot. I want to do the articulation mod, but it says you have to take apart your truck, and I'm not so sure about the ZZMT build yet. So would it be possible to take just the CPB and cut around the things in the casing and cut off some of the under under plastic?
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

I think you'll find it easier to take the truck apart. It's not all that difficult as long as you keep track of the parts and don't misplace anything. Might help to make a small wiring diagram so you know where everything goes if you don't have another MT for reference.

I guess you could try making the cuts with a dremel with it assembled but I wouldn't think it would be easier. You're still going to need to remove the drive shaft anyway.

The first one I did was a little tricky but I could probably do it in my sleep now with how many I've had apart. Don't worry about it. Everything is fixable or replaceable. Dive in! :-o
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Well, I finished the mod. It was relativley easy. But now, i can't move it. I think i pulled away some wire that connects to the battery. and the batter is seperate from the PCB. can anyone post a pic of a stock or right ZZMT PCB?

Also, is the on/off switch really needed?
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

I eliminate the on/off switch on all of my crawlers as it gave me trouble with shorts in the past. Now it's just one less thing to go wrong.

I used to super glue the wire ends to the board so they wouldn't break from the repeated twisting of the articulation but now I just replace them with wires from 1/10 scale servo extensions.

I don't have a picture for you but if you post one up of yours I could probably point you in the right direction.

Here's some I had saved but I'm not sure they'll help.

Once you've got it wired correctly you can also coat the board with liquid electrical tape to prevent broken wires. Hope this helps.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Eh, I gave up on the on I was working on. I'm just gonna buy a new one from my spare change bucket. I'm up to 25 bucks :lol:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'll give you $5 for whats left of the hacked truck.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
bigboi24
bitThug

Post by bigboi24 »

Good deal, but I'll pass, I might need those parts later on. sorry dude :(
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

bigboi24 wrote:Good deal, but I'll pass, I might need those parts later on. sorry dude :(
Now you're thinking like a true pimp :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand