dual battery charging on normal controller

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.

am i hot or not?

jeah you is bangin!!
67%
hogjowlz is hot with a bag over his head and torso and legs!!
33%

Total votes: 3

hogjowlz
bitPimp

dual battery charging on normal controller

Post by hogjowlz »

i have a thread about this on bit science on tinyrc but ill put this crap here anyhow.

we got a prototype going with jumpers instead of a switch. its fairly simple to do compared to the normal dual battery mod except you run a few extra wires. so it can be run in either series or parallel. essentially you have two leads for each config. so a total of four wires going to a row of 4 jumpers. you put one jumper in the middle two pins for series. you put two jumpers for parallel. in parallel you can charge off of a 2aa controller. it just takes a while and then you take the one jumper out and put the other into series and you are off. also with no jumpers the batteries wont discharge so you will always have a fully charged ride.[/img]
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Sounds good so far, but at the same time it sounds complicated. That's just me I think cause I'm cluess about electricity...

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ill take pics of it later. if you can make jewelry you can do this.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Awesome G. Thanks...

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

wow, that sounds whicked!

from what I understood that is. lol
I'm in the same boat as payaso.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Thanks for the pics dude... They look good..

silla

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yea nice pics.

where you stuffin all that?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i already cut out the rear window to fit the battery. the jumpers aint much more room. its tight but it doesnt look too dumb. i put a piece of tape over the roof to store the jumpers. when they are out the batteries dont drain.

you can still drive it in series but it is slower. of course your runtimes will be forever.

we also fudged around with adding a 3rd bat into the controller. it charges a dualy. plus it perks up the range.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dats coolio!

I'd be interested in seeing a pic of it all slapped together ready to run, are you able to squeeze on a body?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

of course. it looks like a dual battery ride with the jumper holder sticking out of the rear window. without the jumpers in the holes it barly sticks out any higher than the battery. once we find a switch that is small enough we will go with that but for now this works well.

you do have to charge twice as long and the 3rd battery in the controller pretty much negates this mod so who knows.

ill keep you guys updated if you send me 5$ a week.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

hogjowlz wrote:ill keep you guys updated if you send me 5$ a week.
Are we talking about profit sharing too...lol

silla

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's ok, I've heard all I need to for now :P lol

....if I do though, can I get a reciept?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i tell you what. you can have all my used toilet paper.