What type motor to buy?

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
nerfer192

What type motor to buy?

Post by nerfer192 »

Hey guys, I was wondering what your favorite motor is in terms of speed and power. I have an unmodded q-steer which I want to be faster. TinyRc has lots of different motors like perfection 3.8s and bcg 3.8s and TinyRC rspec.
What would be a good choice for a q-steer skyline?
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: What type motor to buy?

Post by crazydave »

Ass of these motor have huge variances, so any one of them could happen to be faster than the others, but in my experience, the Perfection motors have the most torque, and are the most reliable. The BCG 3.8 has the most potential to be the fastest, but is weak on the torque, this motor really works best with FETs, I've also wore out 2 out of 2 of these motors very quickly, I'm not sure why. The R-Spec is very similar, but with slightly more torque and slightly less speed, and while it is rated as a 2.4 it may be a tad faster than the Perfection motors.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

I just got my Q-Steer GT-R in and put a motor from a dead Q-Steer Buggy (blue endbell) and bit char-g pinion and idler gear and that makes a nice speed. It isn't so fast that the car just spin donuts all the time, but at my dad's house, he has long hardwood halls and it hauls down them with the turbo button held down.

This link might help. http://www.weikiat.net/blog/2008/12/13/ ... otor-mods/" target="_blank
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Hey thanks for that link.

Say, I keep hearing about the blue-end motors.
From which micro are those from?
I see the green-end motors coming in the Terrain Titans, and the red-end motors in the NS Nitro Trucks.
These are both US versions I assume, FredMeyer/Walmart etc.
And don't mind me, I'm still trying to catch up from a 3+year absence,
so recent common knowledge to some is still greek to me lol.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual