Rare Earth Magnets.....

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Rare Earth Magnets.....

Post by DarkTari »

I'm want to swap out my stock magnets for Rare Earth Magnets. The old one's seem to be in there pretty secure, can anyone tell me a safe way to remove them? Don't want to break the holder.......

Thanx
DarkTari
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

it would seem that they loosen up pretty easily, well they did when my bit took a spill from a low altitude... of course I don't suggest doing it that
way lol.
With a little wiggling I think you should be able to pop the little guy out.

-word
:rockon:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yea, I did mine by carefully wiggling the attached magnet back and forth. payaso showed me a little trick too, take the rare earth magnet and drop it towards the attached magnet to where the 2 magnets attract eachother.
Keep dropping / semi-throwing the rare earth magnet towards the attached magnet. Each time the 2 magnets contacted, it weakened the glue that was holding the other magnet in place. After several minutes, it was out.

Good luck!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

the clone arms are really easy to take them out. just do a dual battery that makes your steering crisper as well.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

The actual arm that holds the magnet is pretty flexible.. Once you remove the old you'll see what I mean..

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
DarkTari
bitPimp

Worked out okay.......

Post by DarkTari »

Wiggled until it dropped! All's good !

Now for the dual batt mod and to start painting my bB !!!

Thanx
DarkTari