Watch battery need help

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Watch battery need help

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I was trying a dual cell watch battery mod. But when i put in the two batteries the motor starts running by itself. Why?
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Watch battery need help

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:I was trying a dual cell watch battery mod. But when i put in the two batteries the motor starts running by itself. Why?
Your shorting out on something. Wrap dem batteries in tape, so they don't ground everything they touch.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

ok i taped them and now no juice
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hmmm, that's odd. :???:

Without seeing it I can only can make assumptions, but I have to assume you put some tape where it shouldn't be.

When I said wrap them in tape, I meant just the edges, leaving the ends exposed, but now I realize I have no idea how your putting these in your car, so I'm not sure what I'm talking about, but if your car was running constant before, it definately was shorting out somewhere.
crazydave's Gallery
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

ummm either when you taped them the wires broke from the batt's to the pcb or you're shorting the batt's together... that' all i can think of w/o opening it up myself
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

ok i think the batteries are being separated from the anti-roll thingie. So I'll have to grind that off tomorrow.

Thanx guys I'll let u kno if it works.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

This dual cell does not make a differance :mad: . The car is SLOWER than my single 50mAh cell.
Help :(
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:This dual cell does not make a differance :mad: . The car is SLOWER than my single 50mAh cell.
Help :(
I used to wonder why an RC car with 1.5v Alkalines was slower than an RC car running 1.2v NiCds. Then I learned of a battery's internal resistance. Rechargeables have a lower internal resistance, and allow more current to flow. Figure a watch battery is designed to slowly discharge it's juice over a long period of time.
crazydave's Gallery