Magnet dimensions

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
ph2t
bitPimp

Magnet dimensions

Post by ph2t »

Hey fellas,

does anyone know accurately the dimensions of the magnet in the steering assembly in the Microsizers?

Just got my first REAL Microsizer (RX-7) and I'm sorta hesitating in the "rip tha biatch apart" department.

Has anyone noticed whether or not the clone magnets are stronger at all?

thanks,

ph2t.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

All stock magnets are very similar in strenth. The REM (rare earth magnets) might be a little stronger, and the ones they sell at Ratt Shak are the exact same size you need..
Namuna can give you the exact dimensions..

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I put a rare-earth mag in my MS chassis, fit fine - dunno the dimensions though, sorry.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

dual cells put more power to the electromags no need really for a stronger magnet. plus the stock bit magnet is in there pretty good.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I installed the RE magnet before I did the dual cell.
precautionary measure and why not upgrade, it's like buying those little caps that fit on the stem of your car tire to air it up... that look like dice. :)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.