Batteries...

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Batteries...

Post by mod_o_matic »

Well, i know there is a stick...and i used a search...but no help...so:

Where is a good place to pick up some 1/3aaa or 1/4aaa (se batteries i belive)? I live in Canada so i don't know if i can order the batteries from Rat shack (the se). I know Ebay got some but need more choices...

So, were do you get your battery from, foo?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

toyeast used to sell the 1/3aaa's, dunno about now.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Check out www.hobbyshopper.com.

They sell reciever packs for nitro cars, the individual cells are 120mah 1/4 AAAs. They have individual cells available for a dollar a piece.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

crazydave wrote:Check out www.hobbyshopper.com.

They sell reciever packs for nitro cars, the individual cells are 120mah 1/4 AAAs. They have individual cells available for a dollar a piece.
I am not sure there 1/4aaa, but what can i tell! AND there in Canada...nice!
THanks...
*coughdavemudcough*
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

mod_o_matic wrote:*coughdavemudcough*
you're shitting me, right? :shock:
i used to be cool
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

*coughdavemudcough*
WTF thats not even funny! :-?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

steelwoolghandi wrote:
*coughdavemudcough*
Am I the only one that is confused w/ this? Could somone explain?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Finks wrote:
steelwoolghandi wrote:
*coughdavemudcough*
Am I the only one that is confused w/ this? Could somone explain?
He (davemud) is some dude, Canadian I think, from some other 'hood, MRCC I think. Plus, mod-o-matic is dim lit and thinks crazydave is this Canadian dude named davemud.

Shit Finks, didn't ya know... every dude named somethingdave or davesomething, is really crazydave incognito. It's like he's got on a slightly different nose-n-glasses diguise with each slightly different name... only this mod-o-matic dude can see right through the disguise! 8-)
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

Ahhhhh shit! Please don't tell me i got my ass in shit again!

ONLY reason i am asking is due to the fact it is easier to find products/ get products shipped from outside of Canada when OTHER people know if its going to work out alright...

And no...i am not saying he is davemud becasue he has dave in his name..it b/c is is on the westcoast...the "wet coast" which i belivie were the orginal davemud from MMRC was located...

ANY WAYS....yaaaaaaa...were do you get your bit batteies from?
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

mod_o_matic wrote:Ahhhhh shit! Please don't tell me i got my ass in shit again!

ONLY reason i am asking is due to the fact it is easier to find products/ get products shipped from outside of Canada when OTHER people know if its going to work out alright...

And no...i am not saying he is davemud becasue he has dave in his name..it b/c is is on the westcoast...the "wet coast" which i belivie were the orginal davemud from MMRC was located...

:lol: "westside", not "west coast"... anyway, yeah, sounds like you got some options. There's also a dude that has a store in Chicago called Toynk... he sells batteries and motors on ebay all the time... don't see one now, but you could probably find an old auction that nobody bid on and make him an offer, or go to his site and buy some from him direct.... actually, I just did a search in completed auctions and saw that this dude just dumped a lot of 1000 batteries, so I assume he's outta the battery business. On the flip side, the winning bidder was "arfin_k"... he scored those for $22 shipped. I'd suggest a PM to arfin... looks like he's into a shitload more batteries than he's gonna use. Just remember, he's in those about 2 cents a piece, so you should get a sweet deal.
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

hue35 wrote:
mod_o_matic wrote:Ahhhhh shit! Please don't tell me i got my ass in shit again!

:lol: "westside", not "west coast"... anyway, yeah, sounds like you got some options. There's also a dude that has a store in Chicago called Toynk... he sells batteries and motors on ebay all the time... don't see one now, but you could probably find an old auction that nobody bid on and make him an offer, or go to his site and buy some from him direct.... actually, I just did a search in completed auctions and saw that this dude just dumped a lot of 1000 batteries, so I assume he's outta the battery business. On the flip side, the winning bidder was "arfin_k"... he scored those for $22 shipped. I'd suggest a PM to arfin... looks like he's into a shitload more batteries than he's gonna use. Just remember, he's in those about 2 cents a piece, so you should get a sweet deal.
NICE! He PMed me! and i am getting some of them,..i didn't know he had 1000...! So i think i just solved my problem...now i need 1/4aaa..i ma not to sure about the ones Crazy Dave showed as i have never seen a 1/4aaa in person...
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

I think that 1/4 aaa is a typo and he means 1/3 aaa, or there just very high mah batteries. yeah now that i have a shitload of batteries its time to sell some to the needy. Only people that can buy them are people with peak chargers or stand alone chargers, which all pimps have neways. I was thinking $.50 a piece free shipping, but you have to at least buy 10, which would be $5.00 to make it worth selling.

Only thing with these batteries is when i charge them with a stock zipzap controller they don't last long AT ALL, but when i use a stand alone they last long. I only have them in my epoch right now because i'm working on my 3 cell zz.

I know people are thinking if i sell them for .50 cents a piece i'll make 500 and will be making a huge profit but there is no way i'll sell close to 1000. If the price don't seem fair tell me and i'll think about it.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Couldn't you just pay us to take some off your hands? :-D
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

LOL, how bout once i sell 500 ill think about it, but you pay shipping :-D :cool:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oh ok, I was wondering about the davemud thing too. I see, nope I'm not coastal, I'm just over here on the westside of things.

Yeah, I think those batteries are 1/3 AAA, I thought I read 1/4 somewhere, but my brain sucks sometimes.

Anyways, who cares, Arfin's got the hook up. I'd say $5 shipped for 10 batteries is a hell of a deal. I don't even need batteries, and I think I might just hit you up just for spares.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"