NOT YOUR TYPICAL MOD FOR MULTI CELL CARS

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Nasphere
bitNinja

NOT YOUR TYPICAL MOD FOR MULTI CELL CARS

Post by Nasphere »

ok ok, its late, im browsing through my favorites and came accross this site http://members.aol.com/rchelicam/microszr/microszr.htm

if you read along in the first section, theres an explination for the RX bieng able to run on such low voltage....DC-DC converter (boost converter)... my idea suggests removing all components to that DC-DC converter for weight issues and also power issues. I know 3 cells or more will work, but 2 cells is 2.4V, the info on that page says the converter produces 3V, so I'de have to test it first and get back to y'all.

This mod should:
Increase run time dramatically
Increase range
Decrease the size to save space
Decrease weight slightly

WARNING: PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
THIS HAS NOT BEEN TRIED!

For the parts to remove...

The biggest part!!! the 100µƒ capacitor
(big black round thingy(for noobs))

The big transistor on the bottom
(black square with 3 pins on bottom and a thin plate on top)

The resistor looking inductor attatched to the positive feed
(round colored thing with stripes or a tall black square with numbers)

The only visible diode on the top
(round glass with reddish metal inside)

Now, the hard part. Add a jumper (or 200 ohm resistor) from the positive input to the positive where you removed the capacitor...

ALL FINISHED!!!!!

I will have a picture up sometime within the next week showing which parts to remove and where to add the jumper or resistor.
Whack!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's a fucking good idea! :eek: i don't know enough about electronics to know if it will work but it seems like sound theory to me.
i'm interested to know how this goes :-)
i used to be cool