Fully Blown Rat

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Fully Blown Rat

Post by LBRC »

Couldn’t let Sat4life27 have all the fun.

Step 1 Power
E-TEC LiPo Battery and a 21K ZZMT Motor w/3.57:1 Gear Ratio

Step 2 “Saddle the Beast”
Iwaver 02 Circuit Board

Step 3 “Lots of attitude, all bad”
Shut your mouth and get out of the way.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

nice work man! :-)

i just did this myself with an i waver pcb, awesome power! with that motor it must blow the tyres off! :eek:
i used to be cool
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Thats one killer bowtie LB. Kickass........
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Holy shit!
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Thanks,

Not finished yet but already one of my favorites. Am thinking that the ZZMT motor and/or the LiPo are an absolutely must do for anyone, that is if the SE CB will handle both. The Mini-Z/Iwaver CB takes it to a whole new level, it’s like a slot car without the track.

The LiPo's lasting approx. 15 minutes at full power. Had to turn the tires around because the wheels kept flying apart and I don’t want to glue them yet. Origionaly this car was going to be a blue GTO but I remembered I had a spare chassis and left the GTO unopened.

The steering was a problem but again the solution was simple, instead of using a 5K resistor I ended up using a 2.2K resistor in parallel to max it out. A 3.3K might actually work a little better since the 2.2K hits the stops, however there’s a good deal of daylight before the wheels rub so I’m going to try widening the stops first. I like the steering wheel travel lots of through, not too sensitive. The servo motor needs to be replaced since it’s just a little week. The red ZipZap motor is my favorite for this, the problem is the only one I have left is in the unopened GTO package.

The ZZMT motors are a must. I screwed up though and mounted this one too far forward if I had mounted it lower and farther back the CB would fit better. Maybe I will open the GTO after all, lots of spare ZZMT motors and one more LiPo, the CB can always wait.

The only problem is that my painting skills are marginal at best, and this will definitely need a custom body.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

LBRC wrote:The only problem is that my painting skills are marginal at best, and this will definitely need a custom body.
Perfect time to start practicing (just not on the shell you want to use until you feel confident enough) :-)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Cant really even see it.. Killer set up man!
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

LB, I switched 5k resistor with a 3.3k a few days ago. The steering is a bit sharper, will go to full lock both ways. With the 5k it seemed to go full to the right but about a mm shy to the left.

20km/h is awsome speed. I need to get me one of those speed checkers. I have been meaning to get one for awhile.

You are the man LB!!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

lol did you hear that thing on the checker :eek:

that's incredible
Last edited by CaboWabo on Wed May 25, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

CaboWabo wrote:that's incredible
LOL! Awesome.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

sat4life27 wrote:LB, I switched 5k resistor with a 3.3k a few days ago. The steering is a bit sharper, will go to full lock both ways. With the 5k it seemed to go full to the right but about a mm shy to the left.
That’s exactly what mine was doing, odd considering you used a Mini-Z CB and I used an Iwaver. At 5K I was also only getting about half of the possible steering range, which is why I decided to try 2.2K.

A lot of the noise is the speed checker, a couple of my Xmod experiments where a little hard on it. It now has a little built in real world rolling resistance, funny the instructions didn’t have any pictures indicating that you shouldn’t put a 14.4 volt 20 amp Xmod on it.
Last edited by LBRC on Fri May 27, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

all this talk of resistors, are you refering to the resistor that bridges the servo pot wires?
i used to be cool
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Yes, in parallel with the potentiometer to reduce it's resistance from 10,000 ohms normally to 5K with another 10K resistor, but with the SE servo gearing you need a smaller resistor for wider steering.