Really Big Coconuts are not enough

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Really Big Coconuts are not enough

Post by LBRC »

Looks like it takes more than really big coconuts to power the ZZMT motor, my LiPo powered GTO moves along nicely but with two 160 mAh GoldPeak 1/3 aaa cells and a ZZMT motor this car barely crawls.
Am looking for suggestions on which of the several circuit board mods would help most with current delivery.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

I should be getting the DC mod board from code anytime now. I will let you know how it performs. It might be what you are looking for.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

now you know why everyone's dropping iwaver boards in these! :lol:
i used to be cool
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Has anyone tried an Epoch Board??? :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

The Epoch CB is about 3mm too wide, not much but just enough to make it so you can’t get a body on.
codesuidae
bitPlaya'

Post by codesuidae »

Gear ratio?
FET modded?
How much current are you delivering to the motor with it set up that way?
Normally I'd expect batteries like that to deliver anywhere from 1200 to 2000mA peak, down to about 600-800mA continious into a motor like that.

With the SE's 50% duty cycle you might read around 1000mA or so peak, assuming you can cram that much through whatever transistors you have on the board.

You could try connecting the motor directly to the batteries (with it still in the car) so that it just runs flat out, then see how it does. If it works well that way the DC mod should get you similar performance. If it still doesn't work as well as you want you'll probably need to regear it.

FYI, sat4life27, I accidently blew up the last DC mod board I had on hand while testing it. I ordered more with express shipping, and they arrived today, but not in time to get your board out in the mail today. It'll ship tomorrow, but because of the holiday it won't be there until tuesday.
Sorry 'bout the slow shipping, thats what I get for working on stuff late at night :sad:
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Thats cool code, shit happens
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

codesuidae wrote:You could try connecting the motor directly to the batteries (with it still in the car) so that it just runs flat out, then see how it does. If it works well that way the DC mod should get you similar performance. If it still doesn't work as well as you want you'll probably need to regear it.
Wired directly to the motor it has almost too much power.
Hooked up with a LiPo it’s just about right but wouldn’t be with the added weight of the 1/3 aaa cells.
With various stock motors and gearing it was ok but uninspiring, again the added battery weight.

The circuit board is older, not sure what it’s from.

The DC mod sounds like it would be just about right, can’t wait to see how it works for Sat.