SE Issue

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

SE Issue

Post by pimpsmurf »

I got a new SE in yesterday. I popped batteries in the controller and put it together with a NX Motor and blue gear, and it is very cool. That is, until I need to back up.

Any motor in this thing is very slow in reverse. What gives? Am I going to have to return it? It is a Dodge Viper SRT10 (code 08A04) so it should be a so-called 3rd Generation.

-JNY
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Some pimps may differ with me here, but if I buy a new Zip and it doesn't work 100% right out of the box it goes back to RS ASAP. Don't bother to dick around unless I got it used cuz fuck, you just layed down $25 on a toy, the fucker should be 100% and RS is very good about swapping shit.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

Finks wrote:Some pimps may differ with me here, but if I buy a new Zip and it doesn't work 100% right out of the box it goes back to RS ASAP. Don't bother to dick around unless I got it used cuz fuck, you just layed down $25 on a toy, the fucker should be 100% and RS is very good about swapping shit.
Yep , same here .... that broke out of the box don't fly around here.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

DITTO ! :o
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Yes always take them back immediately, now, as soon as possible, pronto. Returns benefit everyone, they tell RS what needs to be fixed, and provide a convent supply of spare project parts, as long as the store manager isn’t a buy the book Charley.

I just exchanged a Vette because the right front wheel wobbled just a hair. The funny thing is that the guys in the store will salvage a few parts off of it and in a week or so when I go looking for parts they will give me the “damaged chassis” back.

It’s one of the few things RS does right so you might as well make use of it, besides you have already paid for the privilege since the cost of the returns is already factored into the $24.99 price tag.

Is reverse just slower with the NX motor or with the red too? Most likely your CB is bad, there is a chance that replacing the transistors with FETs could fix the problem but maybe not, so exchange it and with a little luck someone will be able to scarf it up as project chassis.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i've only had 2 se's but both of mine are actually slower in reverse. if i listen to the motor revving it's spinning faster forwards and i get about 8 steps forward and 5 in reverse.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Finks wrote:Some pimps may differ with me here, but if I buy a new Zip and it doesn't work 100% right out of the box it goes back to RS ASAP. Don't bother to dick around unless I got it used cuz fuck, you just layed down $25 on a toy, the fucker should be 100% and RS is very good about swapping shit.
I don't think anybody would disagree with that.

If I get a cheap clone for $6, then yeah, I write it off as a loss, and break it down for parts, but $25, that car had better work, dammit!
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Got me a new one today. If this one doesn't work, I'll get another. heh. My radioshack will let me return anything I want (period) and they throw my free xmods stuff when I need it. One of the guys nearly as bad about xmods stuff as I am (which is sad, because he makes much less money than I do) not that I'm bragging (or rich for that matter! lol), but he gets like 7-8/hour. That is Uber-ghey.

-JNY
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

shit, if I was a smurf, I'd be tryin' to mod that fucker so's I could ride in that shit. fuck all that rc shit, I'ld wanna be in that shit...

what scale would those motherfuckers be anyway? :???:

when that guy and his cat were always chasin' the smurfs, I'd probly guess that the smurfs were big enough to at least fit in a 1/18th...

so, yeah, if I was a smurf, I'ld be smurfin' around in a pimped out micro RS4 and shit.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

So this little blue guy pushes a ZipZap up to the counter with a Baby Smurf riding on top and says “this GT-500 go-cart isn’t the right color” so they exchange it for a new Vette and everything’s copasetic until some fat lady steps on the little BS while returning her cell phone because she can’t clear the “I like big buts” ring tone, downloading it seemed like a good idea when she was wearing just a lava-lava and drunk off her ample ass at the party but by the third call in the morning it started to get on her nerves….
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

They gave me a 4-pack of their enercell plus batteries for free yesterday when I bought like $6 worth of product ($5 batteries)!

People love little blue buggers.
-JNY