yeah! I got them in!

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

yeah! I got them in!

Post by pimpsmurf »

ZZMT w/ orange/orange
stacked FETs for forward and reverse
2x 150mah 2c lipos (batteryspace.com)
1x emergency roll bar (two pieces of antenna tube hot glued to a xmods rear tower and then hotglued to the back of the truck.

I got it all together! This thing is HOT! Way fun, and torque to blow your mind. I definately need a hotter motor in this thing. I've already got my green motor apart and I am working on a modded motor.

I'm going to wind 30 gauge wire (20-25 winds I'm guessing) and drill vent holes in the motor can. Then use silver solder on the so-called brushes. I want to bridge in the open area to promote conductivity. Then I'm going to use my commutator drops on the comm and makeshift brushes and break in those funky brushes. Then upgrade all the wire from the motor to the batteries to a stronger wire (just in case).

I should be able to get to this today, and I'll post some videos.

Oh yeah, no more 4wd for me. All of that has to come out. With orange it will only roll in a turn. Breaking consists of tapping the forward throttle until it slows down enough to let go of the forward. hehe

Highly recommended. way fun

-JNY