Lucifer 3.0

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Finks
bitPimp

Lucifer 3.0

Post by Finks »

Really feel dumb asking this but guess what? I finally got my first two Lucifer 3.0s today with my new Ferrari and Lamborghini sets. So should I concerned that neither of the two work? I remember way the fuck back in the day 3.0 were always defective, is there still some truth to this?

As far as I can tell it may be the uber small contact on the fucker. If I put some solder on the end or a small piece of metal could that possibly fix the problem?

I did a pretty extensive search figuring if this was a common problem others would have noted it, but came up with nothing. Any help would be appreciative.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

it could be the contact, try levering that end terminal out a little and have it towards the rear of the car.

for some reason i could never get bcg motors to mesh niceley in a zzse, that it?
i used to be cool
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

Sometimes I have the problem too but its always like Betty said. Either have to pry the contact out a little or make sure its positioned just right. Haven't had a bad one yet.
K.I.S.S.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I've had quite a few and never a dud. With the old style rotor, I always pry the contact out a lil, that usually does it. :-o
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

I got 2 from TE about 11/2 months ago. So far, all is well with them.

I had to pry the contact out on some other motors I have.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Pry the contact out on the motor???? Hmm ok gotta figure out how to do that. :???:
Suck My Bits
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Finks wrote:Pry the contact out on the motor???? Hmm ok gotta figure out how to do that. :???:

With the tip of your Xacto blade, but don't lift it too far...

I've also never had a dud... I remember they like to sit at a certain "o clock" position in relation to the metal tab...

Just lift the tab a bit, and spin it in the motor bay till you get juice... I actually like that little motor.... :-o

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Awsome, pulled out the tab and both work AWSOME! I am loving Super Bits, just wish I found out about the insane quality and ability of them years ago :-?
Suck My Bits
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

payaso wrote: I've also never had a dud... I remember they like to sit at a certain "o clock" position in relation to the metal tab...

I was wondering about that.
With the Tomy bits I got, there is a seperate piece of paper in the box that has a picture of proper motor orientation. The MicroSizers don't mention a thing about it.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Finks wrote: I am loving Super Bits, just wish I found out about the insane quality and ability of them years ago :-?
Don't the SuperBits have that "command glitch" or something? I forget the term.
I remember recently pimps discussing differences in types of bits, etc. and that quirk was mentioned.
So your SuperBits work fine and all?
I'm jealous now..... :(
BattleField 2 Stats
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

MotorGong wrote:
Finks wrote: I am loving Super Bits, just wish I found out about the insane quality and ability of them years ago :-?
Don't the SuperBits have that "command glitch" or something? I forget the term.
I remember recently pimps discussing differences in types of bits, etc. and that quirk was mentioned.
So your SuperBits work fine and all?
I'm jealous now..... :(
Yeah I have one, and it has the glitch you're talking about... It's the "last command remembered" glitch.. Like in 1/10 scale shit, it just keeps going after it goes out of range, or gets some interference, but only for a sec or 2..
chassis is killer though with the quick change knuckles, and what not.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

the 2 superbits i've got have a control memory. Basically if the signal from the controller is interrupted/weak, they continue the last action they received for about 1/2 a second.

ie, you will start a turn and it will just continue, or you will plough straight ahead instead of turning.

Mine had really bad range when i first got them (4ft-ish), which made them much worse. After routing the antenna out the back and tweaking the POT a little i'm getting between 8-12 feet without interruption. I actually like playing with em now!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Yeah I find these cars are much better suited for track use as apposed to kitchen floor/big open areas. The last command thing is easy to get used to though and the superb craftsmanship on em is just 100% the fuckin bomb!
Suck My Bits
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I will never get used to that damned glitch. :mad:

My SBCGs came with 4.2s. So I keep the 4.2s that came with them in there. When these cars glitch, they're gone. They just take off in the wrong direction, and its lost. When racing on the track, it's even more annoying watching it thunk into the wall over and over while you sit helpless.

The chassis does kick butt, and the bodies look great. One of these days I'm gonna put a standard bit board in there and make it a killer car.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

crazydave wrote:I will never get used to that damned glitch. :mad:
I think I'd be the same way. I get ticked if my bits ever stutter.

But it sounds like this glitch just might be a personal preference issue. :???:
BattleField 2 Stats