Keeping unwanted metal out of magnetic steering

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
dbxl

Keeping unwanted metal out of magnetic steering

Post by dbxl »

http://www.zipzaps.com/zzTips.asp#

see the 1st tip
Keep unwanted metal out of your magnetic steering.

Has any one tried this and does it help?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That seems like a lot of clutter on the bottom of a car that only has a few millimeters of clearance to begin with.

A better solution is just to keep a small magnet (a steering magnet from a junked car works great) and use the magnet to suck all the little metal debris that accumulates on the bottom of the car.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I read somewhere someone glued a steering magnet to the end of his antenna, to keep it handy for that purpose, and its also great for getting screws out of tight, hard to reach places.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:I read somewhere someone glued a steering magnet to the end of his antenna, to keep it handy for that purpose, and its also great for getting screws out of tight, hard to reach places.

That was me... Works great for other shit too...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

payaso wrote:
crazydave wrote:I read somewhere someone glued a steering magnet to the end of his antenna, to keep it handy for that purpose, and its also great for getting screws out of tight, hard to reach places.

That was me... Works great for other shit too...

silla :D
\

I suppose you invented the internet, too!

:-) ©sessiz
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

What I used to do was put a small piece of masking tape under the steering part of the chassis. When it got too many bits of metal, carefully peel off the tape and roll the filings in it. If you miss any just dab the tape on the steering box. Put fresh tape before running again.

Maxx
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Hey, I moved all the smiley ownage stuff to the dumpster, since there was a legit performance question here that turned into 2 pages of shenanigans, which I kinda started.

:cool: ©2005 SuperFly. All rights reserved