making fatty's from HO slot car shit

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
ph2t
bitPimp

making fatty's from HO slot car shit

Post by ph2t »

ph2t's back fellas..... :)

I modified a sbcg to accept some HO slot car tyres and rims. It's worked out pretty well so far. These rims are similar in dimensions to the rear rims on a pullback. The rubber tyres though are way more sticky than pullbacks and I think I've finally found a good setup for wooden floorboards.

I needed to butcher two HO Aurora AFX slot cars to get the rims since they're the rears of each ride. The rear rims are siltting on a set or Bit Racer red gears, which are working out to be a real treat for top speed with my Xtrek 34k motor.

I found this conversion a lot easier for me that when I used to do pullback, I was never that great at centring rims with larger holes than the axle it was going onto... But in the end it worked out fine.

The front was a piece of piss. The hardest part was getting the old rims off the steering knuckles. Othwise the rims went straight on. There is a little bit of play, but I think it's ok.

The next steps are to strengthen up the steering. To do this I'll reinforce the return/centering spring and I may also dual cell this bugger. But I'll drop back to a 1.0 or 1.6. The goal is to daul cell for steering power and NOT speed.

I've got a batch of 80mAh true 1/4AAA KAN nimhs that might fit into the SBCG chassis. Anyone had any experience with this?

cheers,

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Aww yeah, slottys in da hayouse!

ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

:cool:

yeah pimp, you and yagbols were the only two pimps I ever saw sportin fatty's of this shizzlie.... lol.... :-o
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

why not just try to fetmod the steering? i know the sbcg drive fets are tricky but surely the steering is still just 2 crappy trannies?
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yea, I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more slot car tires on the micros. I know seeing these makes me wanna have at least 1 ride with em.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

don't get me wrong, they ain't a turnkey solution mate, but hell, they've the best I've had on my wooden floorboards in a looooong time.

if I could only get foams I'd be laughing.....

bett bett, I dunno man, I'll check it out. I'm just keen to get those 1/4AAA batts going, lol.........

ph2t.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

And I'll just add that the springs you get with the car are FUCKEN PERFECT for front suspension dillys............ :-o
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

ph2t wrote:if I could only get foams I'd be laughing.....

hahaha, schwing!

ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

taco....... :-(
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I bought a set of alloy slotted mags a couple of weeks ago. Now I just have to figure out how to mount them. :???:

The rears are fatties and the fronts are slim. All with silicone tires.

They come with an axle, with threaded ends. Thats what the problem is. I'm tryin' to figure out how to mount them and still keep the original axle for the rears. I think I might mount a small peice of brass tubing where the rear axle is supposed to go and use it with the threaded axle thru it.

The fronts will need drilled out and plugged. Like OG alloy's.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

So tell us SG, where did you buy the slotted alloys?

I got a whole list of slot car parts I want to try on bits. Maybe one of these day I'll get around to ordering them
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

i'd be keen to know where to find some lexan slotcar bodies... especially this one.

That thing is too pimp NOT to make a replica...
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:So tell us SG, where did you buy the slotted alloys?

I got a whole list of slot car parts I want to try on bits. Maybe one of these day I'll get around to ordering them
Yeah, give up the info on those.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

man ive had these bitches on my car since the suckers came out. they have some nice selections of tires in every color from hard tread to soft slicks and silicone and my new favorite the foamies:

oh yeah forgot the goodyear eagles :-D
[]D [] []V[] []D
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

dude, where you get that shit from?