This Dual Cell Ain't Flossin' Nothin', So I Dropped It Here

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
MotorGong
bitNinja

This Dual Cell Ain't Flossin' Nothin', So I Dropped It Here

Post by MotorGong »

Not expecting comments or anything, heck, laugh and/or flame if you want! :grin:
I'm just so excited about this modding stuff, I had to share my first accomplishment. This ain't flossin' or anything, so I just dropped it here. Is it even worthy of its own topic?
Or is this where everyone gathers around the handicapped kid and claps.

See? I can't even wrap a battery correctly.

Actually, I didn't think it was going to work. I thought I'd mess up the soldering somewhere, pull a wire, etc. Not saying I was half-assin' it, but it was kind of a test run I guess you could say.

Now I'm confident and know what I'm doing, to a point.
I'll redo this one soon and/or make some more!

Look, I even cut out the rear wheel wells a little to fit the ZZ duals. OOOOOOoooooo!

Fun stuff, can't wait to try some other mods.....
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

dont think it looks bad at all besides the non mathcing rims. but i dont see why u had to wrap the batt. just let it get some air :-o
[]D [] []V[] []D
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I let my batts breathe too.... Looks good man.. You got nothing to be trippin about.. Everybody starts at the beginning, and you're doing just fine.

You got a cool style.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Yeah man, it looks good. So, dual cells kick ass, eh? Once you get the wiring down, you gotta build one with both batteries under the pcb... they drive so much nicer with all the weight down low. My first dual cell was, without a doubt, the most exciting Bit moment for me... SuperFly and I each did one that night. We were blown away at how much faster they were... you see the vids and see what people write, but until you see it first hand, you just don't know... that was our first "holy shit!" Bit moment.
payaso wrote:You got nothing to be trippin about.
Yeah dude, you passed the test a long time ago. :lol:
Last edited by hue35 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Nice start!. Like hue said, getting those puppies internal, under the pcb makes a huge difference in handling. Also, once you have dual cell power going on, all your gearing and tire compounds usually need to change, depending on your driving environment.

Next stop, mosfets!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Ditto to everything they just said.
You're rockin' out.
Like SF said, play around with gearing and tires until you find your sweet spot. Dual cells are a whole lotta fun... ya retard. lol jus' playin'

pre-edit:
crazydave wrote:You almost have to start with the battery hanging out the back though. Its just too fun pulling wheelies every where.
I couldn't agree more.
Last edited by CaboWabo on Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You almost have to start with the battery hanging out the back though. Its just too fun pulling wheelies every where.

Getting it down in the chassis is a good idea, but bits have too much steering for that. I really like dual cell Zip Zaps, the extra length really helps keep the speed controllable.

I actually ran a dual cell FET modded Zip Zap yesterday, and had forgot how silly fast they are.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:Getting it down in the chassis is a good idea, but bits have too much steering for that.
I agree, but this can be addressed with the gearing and tire compounds. Going with teal gears or clear up to bit racer gears takes the torque edge off and gives you more top speed. Reducing the torque helps control spinning out from a dead stop.

Putting really soft tires in back and really hard tires up front also mitigates the oversteer issues that happen with all that power.

I know you know that stuff, Dave, I'm not talking down to ya. I'm also not talking down to you MotorGong, and maybe you know that stuff too. I had to learn it along the way by trial and error, so I'm just passing it along.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

SuperFly wrote:I know you know that stuff, Dave, I'm not talking down to ya. I'm also not talking down to you MotorGong, and maybe you know that stuff too. I had to learn it along the way by trial and error, so I'm just passing it along.
Very politically correct answer Governor SuperFly. :lol:
Just messin' witchya.
I just laugh sometimes at my own shit because the typed word has to be explained in full detail or somebody is gonna misinterpret that shit.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Hey, you guys are cool. Thanks.
There's alot of experience and talent around here, and I guess it's hard to start from the beginning in the midst of everything. Intimidating isn't the right word, maybe awe-inspiring?

And I didn't hear any talkin' down here! I will suck that info up faster than you can spew it! Mind the mental pic there. :grin:

I even throw these SenFa tires on bits to experiment. They seem like thicker rubber, and softer than the SOFT Tomy tires. I can't wait to REALLY start experimenting. The posts about the slot wheels is just great.

I want to get some of those gears now, too.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

well done man! Just like the other pimps my first dual cell took me all night and I was as well amazed at how fast these buggers can be.

they key is to get those cells under the PCB, you need to gut the inside to allow 2 batts to fit, but it's not that bad.

Another thing is now you can double up on the steering center spring. This allows you to hold a stright line better but still hve enough punch (due to dual cells) to steer OK.

Another point is that you should try out 1/4 AAA cells. They fit even better than the 1/3 AAA cells that come with bits.

You can get some great 80mAh 1/4 AAA nimhs by the chinese manufacture KAN. These babys pack a punch and shit all over the sotck ZZMT/ZZSE 1/4AAA's.

http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/battNCha ... Id=U368875

Superfly, did you ever get these puppy's into a chassis man? I know I gave ya some ages ago......

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

man... that made me wanna triple cell a zzse for the hell of it... any suggestions for batts? :?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

ph2t wrote:Superfly, did you ever get these puppy's into a chassis man? I know I gave ya some ages ago......

ph2t.
I was waiting for those BIFFS (which I just received btw, thanks.) before I busted out the dremel and soldering iron and dug into some chassis. I kinda go in chassis work phases and body work phases. I'm finishing up some bodies soon, and then I'll be doing some dual cell goodness.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

hue35 wrote:
payaso wrote:You got nothing to be trippin about.
Yeah dude, you passed the test a long time ago. :lol:
A Little late to the party on this one but even still, I can't agree w/ these pimps more. Motorgong I know it can seem intimidating if you are new to the hobby, hell I felt the exact same way when I joined a year and a half ago, but you have soaked in all the info, and done it on your own. Now you just need one more thing to be pimp, you need to chillax bra! :cool: ©Superfly LTD Honestly tho, all of the old school pimps find you to be a Down mother fucker, just please never use the word nOOb again in a post unless it's against a 12 year old named SkYliNeSrThEAwsOME.

Oh and as for the mod, I personally have done very few performance mods, but tripple celling an MT (or dual celling a bit for that matter) is a fuckin great feeling. Can't wait to see the years and years of shit that's gonna come out of your garrage. :-o ©Crazy Dave LTD
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Amen brothers... I started playing withs bit not to long ago myself. My first crack at adding another cell turned ugly and my bit went airborne.

I think it looks pretty good. You could always paint the batts green and wrap them in some clear wrap. Then it woud look like you just got done picking up a big old bag of our favorite herb. :-)