help!!!!!!

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

help!!!!!!

Post by SHAUN »

I really need help with my zip zap monster truck gear motor set up. wat works the best for climbing hills. I have the motor upgrade kit from radio shack.
1000+ post of BS.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: help!!!!!!

Post by MotorGong »

SHAUN wrote:I really need help with my zip zap monster truck gear motor set up. wat works the best for climbing hills. I have the motor upgrade kit from radio shack.
I agree. When I installed my wat, it climbed hills great!
Exactly what kind of wat did you use?
We'll have to share wats sometime, man.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

SHAUN wrote:I really need help with my zip zap monster truck gear motor set up. wat works the best for climbing hills. I have the motor upgrade kit from radio shack.
Read the back of the upgrade kit... it's got pretty color-coded diagrams and everything.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

hue35 wrote:
Read the back of the upgrade kit... it's got pretty color-coded diagrams and everything.
In case you don't understand the diagrams, you want torque rather than speed for going uphill. :?
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Re: hey

Post by skylinekid »

SHAUN wrote:hey im not stupid
I still think you are :-) Pass english in grades 1-7 and I might change my mind :?
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

SHAUN wrote:hey im not stupid i know tuque speed like u need more torque towing somthing and diesel engine diliver more torque than gasoline engines so u get the piont i just dont know wat motor and gear set up is best for toque
C'mon, dude. Part of the fun, for me at least, was just downright experimenting.
Try all different combinations of motor/gears to suit your driving environment at that time.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

MotorGong wrote:
SHAUN wrote:hey im not stupid i know tuque speed like u need more torque towing somthing and diesel engine diliver more torque than gasoline engines so u get the piont i just dont know wat motor and gear set up is best for toque
C'mon, dude. Part of the fun, for me at least, was just downright experimenting.
Try all different combinations of motor/gears to suit your driving environment at that time.
Thats what i did too. I just got my first ZZMT 2 or 3 days ago, and i was exparamenting like crazy!!! :-)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
codesuidae
bitPlaya'

Post by codesuidae »

An electric motor opereates quite differently from a piston engine. A piston engine generates maximum torque at a particular RPM, usually somewhere near its max RPM. Electric motors generate the most torque at their slowest speed (when they are stalled), and the least torque at their highest speed. They generate the most power at 1/2 max RPM.

Different motors will generate different amounts of torque, and have different maximum speeds depeding on how they are made. The two values aren't necessarily linked, meaning that low speed motors aren't always high torque, sometimes they are just crappy motors :smile:

The combination of torque and speed is 'power'. If a given motor can put out 1 watt of power it may be spinning slowly with a lot of torque, or quickly with a little torque. You can use gears to trade torque for power or power for torque, but the mor gears you have, the more power you loose to friction.

So, for hill climbing you should choose a motor that can handle the most power, then gear it down so that the output runs slowly with lots of torque. Watch out that you don't have to gear it down too much or you'll have difficulty with fricton in the gears.

Also be aware that all the torque in the world is useless if you cannot couple it to the ground. If your tires slip, you cannot use the available torque. With these little trucks its usually harder to get good grip than it is to get good torque. They are very powerful for their size. So you will need to focus on your tires and suspension. Sometimes it is useful to raise your gearing to spin the tires faster so that you can use the inertia of the truck to aid in your traction. There are times when a slowly turning tire will just slip, but a quickly spinning tire will gain traction and move the vehicle.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

ok

Post by SHAUN »

ill experiment. oh that gear cover im working on isnt going so well i cut my hand open. Im getting ready to work on it again dont worry ill get it done
1000+ post of BS.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Re: ok

Post by skylinekid »

SHAUN wrote:ill experiment. oh that gear cover im working on isnt going so well i cut my hand open. Im getting ready to work on it again dont worry ill get it done
We arn't worrying, TRUST ME :-)
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

skylinekid wrote:
SHAUN wrote:ill experiment. oh that gear cover im working on isnt going so well i cut my hand open. Im getting ready to work on it again dont worry ill get it done
We arn't worrying, TRUST ME :-)
I'm pretty damn worried (not really though). :???:
You seem to forget that the kid allready broke 3 fingers on his hand from a dirtbike accident. Show some compassion skylinekid, you once needed it too, remember? :lol:

Edit- Oh yeah and you both suck really hard. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

sessiz wrote:Edit- Oh yeah and you both suck really hard. :-)
I'll take that as a complement :-)
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Re: its really me

Post by Tuner1989 »

SHAUN wrote:somebody keeps playin on msn sayin its me but it aint
Um ok?
sessiz
bitPimp

Re: its really me

Post by sessiz »

Tuner1989 wrote:
SHAUN wrote:somebody keeps playin on msn sayin its me but it aint
Um ok?
Shhhhhh. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Skyline, don't talk about spelling bro, i remember when you spelled that way, by the way it's EXPERIMENTING. Also if you don't have the packaging go here:
http://zipzaps.com/gears.asp