clear 2 speed mosfet diagram

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
breakyaface
bitHood

clear 2 speed mosfet diagram

Post by breakyaface »

I've searched the forum for about an hour to get some "really good" information for mosfetting a 2 speed microsizer, but all I got were vague discussions or pictures that wouldn't load. The pictures that I did find where either for ZZ's or single speed Microsizers. Please give me clear instructions on how to perform the mosfet mod on a single battery, two speed microsizer. Hope to hear from you all. I also searched on ph2t as he is a real fet king but I would like some clear help.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Good news, then... you found the info you're looking for. Use the instructions and pics for a single-speed MicroSizers/Bit... same board layout, as far as a FET mod is concerned.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

If you do this Fet job, PLEASE take some pics and we'll (other pimps with the capabilities) post them in the appropriate locations. :-o

Or just start a new thread.

Obviously, only post them if the job goes good. If you fuck it up, you can keep the pics. :lol:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Remember the PCB i was gunna fuck through my side door? You're in luck, I didn't. It's a 2 speed LXX PCB w/ FETS put it in any bit and go. I'll even send the controller w/ the Anti-boost mod. PM me if you're interested BYF.

Maxx
breakyaface
bitHood

mosfet

Post by breakyaface »

that's great. So I when I look at the diagram with the 6 transistors in line and the single diagram located to the upperleft of them I only mosfet the 4 top ones and the single right?
hue35
bitPimp

Re: mosfet

Post by hue35 »

breakyaface wrote:that's great. So I when I look at the diagram with the 6 transistors in line and the single diagram located to the upperleft of them I only mosfet the 4 top ones and the single right?
No, the top 3 and the single... use this diagram:
breakyaface
bitHood

help

Post by breakyaface »

Thank you very much for your help. Tomorrow I am going to get my new fets and will start modding my pcb. How do I recgonise the fets I have to change on a clone? The PC board is different thus so is the description of the mod for a clone.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Re: help

Post by SuperFly »

breakyaface wrote:Thank you very much for your help. Tomorrow I am going to get my new fets and will start modding my pcb. How do I recgonise the fets I have to change on a clone? The PC board is different thus so is the description of the mod for a clone.
I thought you said you were doing a 2-speed Microsizer. There are diagrams out there for the major clones. What kind are you talking about?
breakyaface
bitHood

clone/microsizer

Post by breakyaface »

I am doing a 2-speed microsizer, but when I will be buying my fets this week, why not buy some for my clones? I will make a picture of the pcb of my clones tomorrow. BTW, with what engines do you see the best results of your mosfeT?
I'd rather fly than die
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Here, I finally started putting my FET diagrams in a separate gallery, so nobody can complain. :lol:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... ?album=330

I have one that covers most current clones, that I still need to dig up.

Yeah, BYF, it really matters what kind of car it is, you should be clear about that. Older clones like the LXX will work with the standard bit layout. If its a newer clone, like the Perfection cars, you'll need the diagram I'm kooking for.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

here's what i use

it's pretty self explanatory. the 2 "flipped" fets are mounted upside down. this requires careful bending of the 2 pins that solder directly to the pcb. the pin with the jumper wires (draht) is not soldered to the pad beneath but the other 2 are.
i used to be cool
breakyaface
bitHood

Post by breakyaface »

this is very clear to me, thank you very much. I will start this week. BTW what does it mean when you stack your fets? Do you pile m up or something?
I'd rather fly than die
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

breakyaface wrote:this is very clear to me, thank you very much. I will start this week. BTW what does it mean when you stack your fets? Do you pile m up or something?
Exactly. Solder the legs of the top fet right on to the legs of the bottom fet. But whatever you do, don't try to solder anything to boba fett!

steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

But whatever you do, don't try to solder anything to boba fett!
Becuse that would be a BOO BOO FET! :-D
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: