ZZSE Questions and Problems.

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
45tr0
bitNinja

ZZSE Questions and Problems.

Post by 45tr0 »

Hey all. I've got two ZZSE's and a third one for parts through deals with other pimps. One is stock, the other is fet'ed and DC Mod'ed. My problem is, I can't get either to work properly!

Okay, So i surfed around, made sure I wasn't doing anything too noobish, like having the wrong channel selected on the controller, or not having the car turned on. But still no luck.

The stock car won't charge at all. I've tried swapping batteries between the cars, charging it turned on, charging it turned off, etc. The light on the controller flashes red for about 15 seconds, then goes orange (both red and green on at once). If I try to run it - nothing. I've tried two controllers, same results.

The DC Mod'ed one usually pulls the same trick. Every so often i will get red flashing turn into solid red - after this happens it will run but only after i turn it off and then on again, And it will only run for a really short time. I also have no reverse, although the tail lights work.

(How is charging meant to work on these anyway? Should the light go red, stay green, flash, stay solid, etc?)

I'd really like to be able to run these little fuggers because the taste I've gotten from the DC when it works has me excited. I just can't figure out the problem with either of them. Any advice would be appreciated.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Hi, i just recently got my ZZSE, and i think you have to keep the car ON while charging, try that.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

yes, you keep the car on while charging because it needs to set the modulation.

-JNY
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

You have to turn the car on then put it on the charger, the light starts to flash thats when you have the chance to select a channel. When the light stops flashing its charging after about 1-2 minutes it turns green and thats when its charged.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, if your lights turning orange, the battery is not charging. Probably a bad battery, but if you got a multi-meter you can check the battery's voltage, if the battery is good, then check the car for shorts or loose connections. If you don't have a multi-meter, get one, they come in handy for more than just bits.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Yeah, if your lights turning orange, the battery is not charging. Probably a bad battery
That or the car is off.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Re: ZZSE Questions and Problems.

Post by beanoman »

45tr0 wrote:Okay, So i surfed around, made sure I wasn't doing anything too noobish, like having the wrong channel selected on the controller, or not having the car turned on. But still no luck.
:shock:

I would do what Crazy Dave said to do though.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

There's a good chance that the switch in the ZZSE is broken. "Jumping" the wires by (temporarily) connecting them with an alligator lead and then charging it will tell you if it's fixed.
(I just had the exact same problem as you did, and only last night figured out how to fix it.)
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate