Shouldn't of done this.(Edit) Please look. Another question.

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
RyanL

Shouldn't of done this.(Edit) Please look. Another question.

Post by RyanL »

Hey guys,

Im new here and im having a problem with my zzmt. I recently took apart my zzmt to see if there was something jammed in the gears.(my mt was stuttering a bit)But there wasnt. My problem now is that I am having trouble putting my mt back together :( . I put everything back, unfortunatly it only turned right not left :???: . So if you know how to fix the problem Please reply.(pictures would be great, cause I dont know all the names of zzmt parts). Thank you.

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum)
Last edited by RyanL on Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

I think it fits, but it should have been in the MT post in the Bit/Zip Discussion.

As for your problem, you just missed the steering horn for the tie-rod. Just take it apart again and make sure it goes into the slot when you reassemble it.
RyanL

Post by RyanL »

Okay, thanks for the help. That's what I thought it was. I was trying to put it back for about an hour yesterday. But it kept slipping out each time I put my wheels back on.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

It's the seering horn or the return spring. Make sure they're both in the correctly, I think it might be easier if you unfasten the PCB from the chassis to you can see what you're doing while you put the lower plates back in place.

Remember, as always: Installation is antidisassemblywise
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
RyanL

Post by RyanL »

I put everything together again, but it still turned only right. My dad even said it was correctly in place. So I just decided to put everything back together. Then I found out it wouldnt even accelerate anymore. What's going on? did I screw something up now?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

might sound obvious but are all the batteries charged/fresh?
i used to be cool
RyanL

Post by RyanL »

Yeah, they are Betty.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well the steering problem is definately a mechanical problem.
if it was an electrical prob it wouldn't steer either way.

as for the throttle there could be a broken wire from all that fiddling :???:
i used to be cool
RyanL

Post by RyanL »

Hey guys, I didnt want to start another topic, since I just posted this one. Now, yesterday I just bought a Mitsubishi lancer evolution VIII zipzap(27 Mhz). The range I can get without it glitching up is around 8 feet :???: . Is that normal? Cause my other zipzap can go between 10-20 ft without glitching. The zipzap can run over 8 ft, but it starts stuttering and some times wouldnt turn.Please help. If you know what the problem is, that would be great. Thanks. 8)
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

make sure the aerial is standing up straight.

27mhz is a common consumer frequency, there may be interference from a neighbour's cordless phone, etc.
i used to be cool
RyanL

Post by RyanL »

okay, any more suggestions? What are the farthest range for original zipzaps you guys have?