4WD ZZSE(don't read senseless post0

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

4WD ZZSE(don't read senseless post0

Post by Kokolo »

I know many of you think it cannot be done. But I am going to find a way to do it. it will take me some time to figure out how to do it. Its been in the back of my head for so long. It will be my first all out modding project but i know it can be done.( i really wanna drift) I will be eithier modding a chassis to a limit or creating a new chassis. will be using most design from the mt or maybe i coud use a belt drive. any post up if you got any ideas.
Last edited by Kokolo on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You know, I'm sorry, but honestly, this was kind of a useless post.

I'm sure it can be done, but its gonna take some work. Why don't you go and put some effort into it, then come back and tell us about it. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

Yea i kind of figured that out. Nobody wants to hear about it they want to see it well i'll post up after I got some progress done. Agreed it was a use less post TNK.

Kishon
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Re: 4WD ZZSE(don't read senseless post0

Post by Zenith »

Kokolo wrote:I know many of you think it cannot be done. But I am going to find a way to do it. it will take me some time to figure out how to do it. Its been in the back of my head for so long. It will be my first all out modding project but i know it can be done.( i really wanna drift) I will be eithier modding a chassis to a limit or creating a new chassis. will be using most design from the mt or maybe i coud use a belt drive. any post up if you got any ideas.
Might be a useless post, but now I know I'm not the only one tossing this idea around(drift as well). To drive the front wheels, a uv-joint and shaft could be used in the knuckles; the wheels could be glued to the shafts. The power transfer could use some slot car gearing and an axle set up like an MT. Hmm, MT parts. A custom chassi is bouncing around in my head now...
I need some brass now.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't SportTracGuy's liberty exactly this?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Clint wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't SportTracGuy's liberty exactly this?
Yeah, essentially it is, I was gonna suggest they look at that as an example.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

Could I get a link to it or the thread

use ya fukin brain for a change. i find it hard to believe you're gonna make a 4wd zz without common sense :? b.k.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Clint wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't SportTracGuy's liberty exactly this?
My exact inspiration.
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

well as I know every noob gets the beat down some time but im not gonna take it hard. I Have the concept and im going to do it.

Peace
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

First off, NOT every noob gets a beatdown. Some just need one. The reason this post gets one is you're starting a post on a project with too many unknowns. Plus you have no pics, and often posts without pics are useless. Sketch a crappy design or a quick MS-Paint drawing on the concept, show a link to a tiny U-joint tutorial... Something.

Find something on making tiny assed U-Joints and build up a couple. Take pics of them, preferably with your name in them. With the SE's wheel style, you really only need 2 U-joints (one right, one left) just have it do drive imput where the wheel pin used to live. BUT, then you've got to run a way for power transfer to both axles...

We all LOVE the concept and want to have one of our own; but, the point is if we knew how, we'd all have built one already. It's cool that you're going to do it, and we'd love to believe in you; however, until there's proof you can do it, it's still just a dream.

Best of luck on it! Hmm, I need to go buy brass stock and a new pin vise...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

here

Post by Kokolo »

you wanted it so here it is

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/716155546.jpg&s=x11

or

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/716354838.jpg&s=x11

the u-joints are going to be made of brass and a custom chassis is going to be needed. I have some sheet of some kinda plexiglass but it it lighter and more stiff i will make the diminisions the right size. i will probably using the rims off one of the dub city cars i will probably end up using lipo in it for the needed power. O and sorry i beat down was probably in need. alyways learn from your mistakes any way i will be osting up pics soon because my sister got a new didgicam a im gonna snag it for a few pics. Thnx for the idea frizzen. i hope i can pull it off
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

:-o That's a better start. There are so many half-baked idea someone will come up with and post, then never revisit. Sorry if the last one came off a bit too harsh, but the pimps like their beatdowns and administer frequently to many. (Just be sure to watch your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and any of the other stuff you hated in school.)

So any idea where you're going to get the bevel gears?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

i am still looking a some places bot i am looking at some mt ones.

I am going to radioshack today and getting a zipzap se and monterstruck
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

frizzen wrote:Sorry if the last one came off a bit too harsh, but the pimps like their beatdowns and administer frequently to many. (Just be sure to watch your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and any of the other stuff you hated in school.
The truth is that the pimps hate beatdowns, and if we never had to do another one, that would be great. It's not like some initiation rite or something. Most boards related to micro R/C are just big cesspools of stupid people exchanging incorrect information, just talking shit or worrying about harsh language or being "mature". Moderators here are just trying to maintain the integrity and superiority of bitPimps. We rule, and we're just trying to keep it that way. :?

As long as you do some research first, think about what you're doing and saying and can act like a grown-up, you won't have any trouble.

And we only care about spelling, grammar and punctuation to the point where it's not irritating to read a post.