ZZ gen1 diagram

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
nivlacs3z

ZZ gen1 diagram

Post by nivlacs3z »

Hey, The steering on my zz gen1 went out a LONG time ago while I was still into this stuff... heh so yeah, I'm trying to pick back up on where I left off. Anyways, the reason it went out is because one of the electromagnet wires crapped out on me. Could someone get me a pic or a diagram of what is suppose to go where? Thanks in Advance!!!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Some PCBs come labeled, I'm not sure about ZZs tho. Just look for solder dots and see if there is an L or an R next to it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ZZ boards are labeled. One strand from each coil goes to "L" and "R". the remaining two strands go to V+. As to which strand goes where, you'll have to experiment as it seems to vary from car to car, but if you see 2 that are black, those usually go to the v+, but not always, from my experience.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
nivlacs3z

Post by nivlacs3z »

thanks! lol yeah the two L n R ones go right except the remaining black ones... idk what happened. I placed them in V+ but now it only turns one way. XD right is left and left is left. wth?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

nivlacs3z wrote:thanks! lol yeah the two L n R ones go right except the remaining black ones... idk what happened. I placed them in V+ but now it only turns one way. XD right is left and left is left. wth?
Is it trying to push in the other direction? (sounds like it to me) Figure out which coil is pushing instead of pulling and switch the wires on that coil.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"