Nothing says muscle like a big engine

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Nothing says muscle like a big engine

Post by Tuner1989 »

Well the days here down in Florida have been killer heatwise, that adds up to no fun outside. Either i get too hot to stay out driving the large scales, or dont want to be out too long due to elec heat issues etc. In all the bad though there is a a good. My bit modding interest sparked again. I forgot how nice it is to chill inside with a cold drink driving the bits around.

So that all leads me to my bit need for speed.
Took out the old zzse and decided to pop in a yellow ZZMT motor and pinion. The bugger now hits 9Kph on the checker, and shows it on the ground too. Although i'm thinking of beefing up the torque and speed even more with a bit with a nice sized lipo.

Install was fairly simple, dremeled out the rear to size, sliced the zzmt pinon in half, removed the zzse idler gear as well . I also added a metal piece on the endbell side of the motor to keep it from sliding. I also tab lowered it a bit up front.

It all fits in nicely with a stock cut up motor cover. :-o

Last edited by Tuner1989 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

Thats sick man. Looks nice and clean the way you installed the motor and I bet it Flies.

Great Job...I like it! :-o
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Well, I fit my ZZMT motor to my bit last week :-o , but what I want to know is if the orange wire is the positive.
How are the runtimes? What do you use to charge your SE?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I like that. Looks clean. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Thanks guys.

@Maxx, the wires honestley i dont have a clue, just wired it up and by a stroke of luck it was right.
Right now i'm using the same old ZZSE battery so i'm still using the stock tx charger. Although i should be going lipo soon, i'm just waiting for my new charger to arrive.
On the runtimes, i havent had a chance to run her full out until she dies yet i'll let you know when i do.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I get less than a minute runtime on a normal SE motor, how do you guys get such long runtimes?
Do you run the charging leads direct to the Tx batteries for longer charge times? I'm afraid to do it with the SE.
How does that affect the syncronising of the Tx and the PCB?

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:I get less than a minute runtime on a normal SE motor, how do you guys get such long runtimes?
Do you run the charging leads direct to the Tx batteries for longer charge times? I'm afraid to do it with the SE.
How does that affect the syncronising of the Tx and the PCB?

Maxx
I would charge my SEs 3x on the controller. That would get them about right, maybe a little warm, and with an OG SE, I would only get about 5 minutes runtime, but with FETs, and the the voltage bypass it would get better. With current models, the classic Vette and 'Stang, the James Bond cars, and other cars from that era, the duty cycle was improved to where they ran as strong as a regular Zip Zap, and I think that helped runtime quite a bit. I probably get somewhere between 7-10 minutes runtime nowdays.

I also charge with my homemade stand alone charger now. It don't effect the frequency. So you just need to snap it on the controller for a few seconds to change the frequency if you needed to.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"