Questions

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Mattdg67

Questions

Post by Mattdg67 »

Hi Everyone I Am New Here But Not To RC I Have Been In RC For 6 Years And Have a TLT, Mini-T, Micro RS4, Xmod Evo Truck, SSMT 1/43, ZZSE, ZZMT, Soon Will Have A Nitro And More ZZ's Well Enough With Idrouceing Myself And On With The Questions. Also I Tried Search But All That Came Up Was All Xmod, Dumpster, etc Stuff But Nut No ZZ
1 How Do You Guys Drift?
2 Where Can I Find Some Realy Realy Fast Motors And Gears?
3 How Can You Increase Range?
4 Where Do I Find Alloy Rims Like A 5 or 6 Spoke [Narrow]?
5 Where Do I Find Cool Bodys To Start Lowering, Painting And Adding Body Kits TO?
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Questions

Post by crazydave »

Mattdg67 wrote:1 How Do You Guys Drift?
Drifting is near impossible with these little cars, but I have seen of ph2t drifting. I think he weighted the car to help it throw itself a around. I don't remember. maybe he can eleaborate on that.
2 Where Can I Find Some Realy Realy Fast Motors And Gears?
If you can find a motor and gear set left at Radio Shack. the red gear, and Purple 3.4 motor are about as fast as the stock PCB had pull. If you swap out the the transistors for FETs, you could get away with the gears from KITT Racers, or Bit Racers. You might find a KITT racer left on clearance at Toys R Us. People have done direct drive mods, slot car rear ends, etc. Search around.
3 How Can You Increase Range?
Well back in the day some Bit Char-Gs had cripple capacitors in the controller, and sometimes the car's PCB. Even if that was not the case range was slim. More voltage to the controller was an easy fix. I found that untying the antenna, and running straight outthe back helped quite a bit. Another quick fix is find a conroller from another cheapie RC that works. The pistol grip controller from Superslicks 1/25th MT works great with Zip Zaps.
4 Where Do I Find Alloy Rims Like A 5 or 6 Spoke [Narrow]?
Good luck. Most the alloys around here were bought years ago in a group buy from Germany. The Scala43 wheels are actually 1/43rd scale, so they're all a tad wide for bits. You have to narrow them yourself if you mange to find a set.
5 Where Do I Find Cool Bodys To Start Lowering, Painting And Adding Body Kits TO?
You could find body sets at Radio Shack on clearance. You could check ebay for Bit Char-G and Microsizer body sets, or Tomy pullbacks. You could check Walgreens, Osco, or CVS for a clone body with potential. Scour the toy aisles everywhere looking for little plastic bodies you could use. The other day I found a plastic body Hot Wheels H1 I'm waiting to use.

Welcome to the hood, man. :-)
Search around, read the Articles, check out the Galleries. You should get a lot of good ideas. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Mattdg67

Post by Mattdg67 »

Thanks And I Already Got A Few Ideas Like A AWD ZZSE And A Baja ZZSE [Just Like The Baja Bit In The Chop Shops Forum] And A Racer ZZSE, And A Show Car ZZSE, And Maybe A Few More But I Am Going To Sell The ZZMT For Some Money.
R.I.P. Kalvin [Neva Foget]
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Mattdg67 wrote:Thanks And I Already Got A Few Ideas Like A AWD ZZSE And A Baja ZZSE [Just Like The Baja Bit In The Chop Shops Forum] And A Racer ZZSE, And A Show Car ZZSE, And Maybe A Few More But I Am Going To Sell The ZZMT For Some Money.
Well If you have time, you can enter one of them in the contest that's running now. It ends on August 31st so there's not much time. Look in the contest forum for the rules. They are a few rides entered already, they should point you in the right modding direction.

Welcome man
Maxx
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Welcome :cool:

Can't really add anything here , other than the search function is good , and there's alot of topics that are very usefull , check out some of the sticky topics of each forum , there's alot to be learnt. Have fun :-)

Oh , and you dont have to use a capital letter to begin EVERY word :eek:
We don't need no god damn roads!
Mattdg67

Post by Mattdg67 »

honda_s2000 wrote: Oh , and you dont have to use a capital letter to begin EVERY word :eek:
Sorry its been a Habet I am trying to get out, Also Thanks for all the help every one and mostlikely will see one of my cars within the week
R.I.P. Kalvin [Neva Foget]