Extra Batteries in the tx.

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
trekbikedude
bitThug

Extra Batteries in the tx.

Post by trekbikedude »

I can recall a while back seeing a mod to put extra batteries in the tx for a zip zap. Is there any way to do it with an se? I already put cat5 as an antenna. I need better range. I use rechargeables because they are cheaper and I do not feel like buying new alkalines all the time. So I know I am losing some voltage. If I added an extra battery to the tx and charged an se with the extra battery would my zip zap se still be safe? I already searched and went through all the pages and I couldn't find it.

Thanks for any help,

John
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i think you can safely use 5 rechargables in the tx, it will total 6v (5 x 1.2).

but generally it's the reciever that determines the signal quality. make sure your aerial is long enough that it sticks out of the body by about 3 - 4 inches.
and make sure the aerial stands up straight.
make sure you're not touching the tx aerial either when driving. :-o
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

From what I understand the SE controller has voltage regulator in it and converts the voltage to 3v along the way, so from my understanding, I don't believe adding more cells would really increase range, but since rechargeables are only 1.2v, you'll need to add an extra cell just to get it back up to the 6v of regular batteries, as betty pointed out.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"