ZZMT with SE inside!!!

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
sat4life27
bitPimp

ZZMT with SE inside!!!

Post by sat4life27 »

Well I finally got around to modding a MT. I wanted to do a poor mans propo MT with minimal effort and stuff you can get locally. The only thing that was somewhat tricky is the pot used.(unless you have a few broke xmod evos like me). I plan on doing a full tut for anyone who I interested but it is pretty simple to do with the right stuff.

For the servo I just added a stronger motor and modded it to work with the xmod evo steering pot. It actually fits very nice in the location with a little trimming of the servo housing. Then I just slapped a 180mah LiPo in her and wired it up. With a little cutting of the stock PCB cover it fits tight like a virgins... well you get the point. Ohh the LiPo came out of a broken bluetooth headset and has the low voltage circuit with it. Don't want to damage that nice little cell.

Now for the pics I took that turned out worth a shit.

I will make a small vid of it in action tomorrow as well make a tut (if wanted) with the next one I will be doing this to.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

nice work Sat. propo MT's are all the rage........... :)
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Sweet! :cool: Definitly get some video. SE board in an MT sounds like a fun mixture.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

:) awesome man, I definately would like to see a tute. I completely destroyed a ZZMT trying to get the se steering set up in it.
I never thought of using any xmod parts......... :???:
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I've had my iWaver ZZMT project in parts for a long time now, half finished.

I'd LOVE to see a ZZMT SE conversion Tut too! Do it sat! Dooooo it!

Post by Maxximum Attack »

betty.k wrote:with the resistors, you'll need 2 x 2.5k fixed resistors.
one goes between the blue and yellow wire and one between the blue and green. that should work fine.
Betty.k told me a way to use the ZZSE board but you'll only have propo throttle, I never got around to doing it, I eventually put my SE board in an SE :?

Maxx
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Ok pimps I got a small (and I mean small) video of it showing the steering and a little driving on my kitchen floor. I will work on the tut tomorrow after work so stay tuned.

Clicky me!!!
steelo

Post by steelo »

That is sweet. I don't know why they didn't release the MT's like that in the first place. The best thing is you can run 6 of them at the same time now. Let the 4WD action begin! :-o
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
betty.k wrote:with the resistors, you'll need 2 x 2.5k fixed resistors.
one goes between the blue and yellow wire and one between the blue and green. that should work fine.
Betty.k told me a way to use the ZZSE board but you'll only have propo throttle, I never got around to doing it, I eventually put my SE board in an SE :?

Maxx
i've been looking over that post and i think i got it wrong.
the variable resistor in the se servo is 10k ohm.
so instead of recommending 2.5k resistors, i should have said you'll need 2 x 5k ohm resistors.

this is just theory based on my use of an iw pcb in an mt, i've never actually tried "the cheat's method" with an se pcb yet.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird just hooked me up with an iwaver board, and I think I'm gonna use it in a MT. Still haven't decided, but this is definately encouragement. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

How's the torque?
When I was inquiring about this, there was talk about a lack of torque because of the SE board.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:How's the torque?
When I was inquiring about this, there was talk about a lack of torque because of the SE board.
Torque is not bad at all really, but I believe it has to do with running it with a lipo cell rather then the stocker. I am thinking about doing a fet mod on this one as well as installing the DC mod board I have.

Sorry for taking so long to get the tut up pimps. I will be bringing home a nice camera tonight and will do it up nice with some good pics.
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

I'm currently trying to do this swap on on of my crawler's but I got a little carried away so it may not work. I was trying to install the se steering servo with the se pot but it does not have anywhere close to enough throw. The se pot seems to limit the throw mechanically. When I ran direct power to the motor it would turn a little way and then stop. There was no power running to the pot. I'm hoping to replace the pot with one that allows more throw. sat4life, is this what you used the x mod pot for? Any ideas??

I started out thinking I could adjust the amount of throw the pot allowed with a resistor. I saw a thread on it somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

If I can't get the propo steering to work out I would like to try eliminating the pot and keep the se board in it for the proportional throttle and the ability to run 6 different channels.

What is the difference between a variable and fixed resistor? I'll check at the Shack and see if I can pick up a couple 5k ohm resistors and give it a try.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

variable resistors (lets say 5kohm) can be set to any value from 0 - 5kohm. like a volume knob or a tap.

fixed resistors are one value and one value only.
i used to be cool
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

So the 10kohm resistor in the se you referred to earlier is the pot itself. Cool, thanks for clarifying that.

I just got a multimeter for x mas. I'll check a few resistors in the blown mt boards I've got and see if I can use those.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622