Battery Acid

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Battery Acid

Post by DarkTari »

With the discontinued production of Micro RC's, the delima of opening a new Micro only to find the battery has corroded the contacts in the chassis is eminent and with become more frequent.

In the past I have used sand paper and emery boards, but sometimes the corrosion will creep down to the charging contacts where sand paper will not do a thorough job of removal.

What solvent would you Pimps recommend to clean a chassis that has suffered this problem ?

Thanx !
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Most auto stores sell plastic safe electronics cleaner in an aerosol can.

CRC LD aerosol. or CRC plastic safe electronics cleaner (same thing different can).

LPS No Spark is the best..but $$$
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I've heard (but never tried) that a product in the photo industry called Stop Bath will clean corrosion. It is normally used to stop the developer solution the paper goes into after exposing to film/light from enlarger.

It is a smelly orange acid, I don't remember what the acid really (sulfuric?) is. I personally havent' had to take a whiff of it in years. Most Photo stores that cater to pros/amateurs who process there own film should stock it.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.