Damn ZZ rear axle....

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Damn ZZ rear axle....

Post by honda_s2000 »

First up , yes I have read the JB weld mod , and I have searched too. It's hard to put what I want to know into small words , I've tried ZZ axle fix , axle fix etc. But no show.

One side of my axle slot in my regular ZZ has worn out , i'm guessing from taking it off/on all the time. It was used , usually I choose my gears in a car , and stick with them.

But I really want to know how to fix this , so if anybody knows of another way other than the JB weld mod , that im not quite confident doing to my only regular (working) ZZ.

Thanks in advance guys ,
Joe :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The infamous "Matchstick Mod". This mod was overhyped on ebay as improving performance, so it gets a bad rep, but it does have its purposes. I just cut a little strip of plastic, and shove it in that little slot in the rear. Does a great job of holding my axles in.

If its worn so that the gears mesh tightly you could do something else that I did once. You know the red sprayer tubes that come with WD40? I popped off one of my wheels, put a piece cut to length over the axle, then after replacing the wheel I carved out the slots in the chassis enough let the tube slip in and the gears mesh up, and glued it in place. After a while when I wanted to change the axle, I cut 2 angled slots in the bottom, so I could remove a strip of the tube. Now my axle can pop in an out like original. This was on my first Zip Zap, and its still meshing up.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Dave , anyone tell you you're a genious ? :-o

Thanks heaps mate :-)
We don't need no god damn roads!