Need some sub-micro power switches and connectors

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Namuna
bitPimp

Need some sub-micro power switches and connectors

Post by Namuna »

Can anyone recommend where to find/buy sub-micro sized power switches and connectors?

I recently received my order of 50mah Lipos and intend to use some in my Bits and ZZSEs. Instead of soldering them directly to battery tabs in the cars, I'd prefer using power connectors. The Dean's micro plugs, though damned small, is still too big to work well in a Bit/ZZSE. I think the ideal size would be what the PiccoZ helicopters use (the charging wire and connector, that is).

Since Bits don't have an on/off switch, I'd also need some tiny power switches so I can make sure the Lipos won't drain too low when not in use.

Thanks for any info!

Post by honda_s2000 »

Namuna - I heard talk of you buying quite a few , will you be selling any off ? I'd be interested in approx 2-3 cells if so.

Thanks.

As for micro switches and connectors , the only place I know of would be tttt-parts.org , but that's in germany. Peter (the owner) speaks fluent english though , and has no problem shipping worldwide. If you look up the top left corner , there's a british flag , then you'll be able to understand everything :-o

Actually , there is always here :

http://microflierradio.com/Switchesplugs.html - Switches+plugs :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Thanks for that link Honda, those look to be just about perfect for what I need...Unfortunately the prices are ridiculously high!

As far as the cells are concerned, yeah I was thinking of doing a Group Buy for the 50mah Cells and bought a few first to make sure they'll work also work in the Bits/Zips.

Post by honda_s2000 »

Namuna wrote:Thanks for that link Honda, those look to be just about perfect for what I need...Unfortunately the prices are ridiculously high!
No worries :-o

Agreed , you should see his microflier prices on the ready to fly planes :shock: , 200+ :? , Im sure alot of work goes into them , but not that much.

As for the cells , that sounds good , count me in. One is going in my 1/43 superslick car project , one in my SE (hopefully) , and possibly another in a regular zip chassis.

I'll keep searching , so check back in 5
We don't need no god damn roads!
Xcore
bitHood

Post by Xcore »

I dunno if this helps, but a lot of McDonald and other fast-food toys have switches. If you're in a pinch, you might be able to tear one of those up for it. :-)
Bigg wrote:hi i would like it if everybody would post a pic ofn themselves in latex underwear that they took
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

what about jumpers off an old peice of computer hardware?
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

honda_s2000 wrote: Agreed , you should see his microflier prices on the ready to fly planes :shock: , 200+ :? , Im sure alot of work goes into them , but not that much.
:? :? :?

His heaviest room flyer weighs 2.5 grams, and the lighter one is 1.5 grams.. a penny is 3.5 grams. Good luck trying to buy or build that.

the connectors/switches are a bit small for bit stuff, just go to the usual bphobbies, they carry some micro plane stuff too...

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V914801
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

For the micro Switch, back on Tiny before the SE came out, somebody figured out that you can take a DIP switch, and cut apart the switch segments, and use that as your master switch. RS PN: 275-1301 rated for 15mA at 24v. 8 Tiny little rocker switches
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

I'm actually looking for this exact part, and have been for a while. I'll check out ebay and let you know what i find.