Swift rear wheel steering MT.

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

So I finished up my articulation mod , and it's pretty sweet , could be ALOT smoother/cleaner but hey.

I'll say it now , this mod isnt worth doing for crawling , at least with my experiences anyway , I tested it alot last night , and pretty much hated the way it performed with the artic mod.

BUT - It's awsome if your just bashing , because it turns really tight and won't flip.

So not all is lost ,makes a really well handling mt :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I was thinking that it wouldn't (not knocking you), but from the ZZMT crawling vids I've seen, steering at the front seems to be crucial. Being able to point the front whels at a certain rock/crack seems to really help crawling. At least the mod is easy to undo :-o

Thanks for the mini review :-)
Maxx
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

No worries maxx.

So I decided to try out a SE servo as a gearbox.

I'm still testing , but this thing is SO damn low geared its insane.
It's a little too low actually , I cant actually turn :lol:
It moves unbeliveably slow , thus making steering almost impossible.

Hell, I even tried running a 350mah lipo through it , and it was still REALLY slow. :shock: But it has enough tourqe to pull a horse :-o

I'll consider taking out a gear or two, but for now i'm going to try and fit a 4.2NX motor , or an orange motor instead ,and see if we have any difference. I was just using an SE steering motor for now. :???:

I've got some pics , and even a little video i'll upload later on for you guys if you'd like ?

Anyway , just a little update from down under :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!