Swaybar Spring Suspension (Tutorial)

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

If it's causing binding, you're probably having the bar still put too much force on the knuckles, maybe you should file on it more. Either file more between fulcrum and the pad that the knuckle rides against (for lowering the springrate) or file the pad the knuckle rides against (reducing pressure but allowing the higher springrate). Or you could just dual cell and not worry about it.

Cool betty, I'd forgotten about your version of this! That's pretty trick!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

frizzen wrote:If it's causing binding, you're probably having the bar still put too much force on the knuckles, maybe you should file on it more.
For me, the red sway bars (all flavors) are unusable because of the binding... I think part of it with those is that they're made of a softer compound than the white ones, so they create a little grip between surfaces.

The plastic betty's using is perfect for this purpose because it has a hard slick surface.

One thing I've done to minimize the friction between the post and the sway bar is to shape the very top of the post to a slightly pointed dome shape... less surface contact, so less resistance.