Aero ace/x-twin lipo?

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
stephane

Aero ace/x-twin lipo?

Post by stephane »

Hello,
Would it be possible to use the lipoly battery from the aero ace with a stock ZZMT? Or will it fry the board?If it would work, would i just have to attach it to the battery leads that are in my zzmt right now,or would I have to add anything to the board such as a resistor? Last but not least, could i charge it with the areo ace controller?

Thank you in advance,
-Stephane
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you can use a single lipo in a zzmt, it should be fine.

yes, just attach it to the existing battery leads.

use the aero ace charger only with that lipo. never ever incorrectly charge a lipo cell.
i used to be cool
stephane

Post by stephane »

Also, when charge it, would i have to go through the aeroace pcb then to the lipo, or just straight to it?
thanks,
-Stephane
stephane

Post by stephane »

I just found out that the previous owner of this battery (my cousin) had accidentally touched the negative wire of the lipoly to the positive wire. Is it still safe to use?

-Stephane
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

stephane wrote:Also, when charge it, would i have to go through the aeroace pcb then to the lipo, or just straight to it?
thanks,
-Stephane
probably. i would to be sure
I just found out that the previous owner of this battery (my cousin) had accidentally touched the negative wire of the lipoly to the positive wire. Is it still safe to use?
probably not. does the cell look a little inflated? if so it's dead.

time for some schoolin'
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/
i used to be cool