Jet powered zip

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Jet powered zip

Post by sidewinder »

Ok, so I was looking for weird stuff on ebay and I ran accrosed a jetX engine. it's actualy more like a reusable rocket engine from the sixties. they were used to power balsa-wood gliders. They are about one and a quarter inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter. Ok, now mounting this straight enough to not turn the zip into a pinwheel will be bad enough. I think I can work out most of this but I'm wondering what he best way to spark the engine while the zips already at top speed. I'm thinking mabey a cheal board from a clone on another frequency, maybe a tiny coil to build the spark? any ideas?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

That reminded me of the movie in the Bitpimps gallery :-o

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... 176&pos=47
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Did me too. :lol:
I'm pretty sure a bottle rocket is about the limitations on propelling a micro with gun powder.
It got squirrely just with the bottle rocket I had on there.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

yeah I think it's going to need at least a two or three inch streach and as long as I'm at it a stabelizing fin, maybe a tube body with a nose cone? kinda like the land speed record cars...or mabey I could just take one fin off of an estes rocket and add running gear...ok, i guess this isn't a zip anymore but it sure would scare the hell out'a neighborhood cats.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey I just noticed, ib, is that nadine Valaquez (the maid on My name is Earl)? hay crumuba! muy bien muchacho!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Naw man, that's just Leann Tweeden. :smile:

if you like 1/10 rc........ you might like this shell........no pics of it before the bashing. And boy did I bash that body... you see the tape holding the rear together?:lol:

sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh the coven 13 girl. cool. By the way love the photo on the truck hood nice work.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I guess I'm not the only crazy pryo out there, check this: [YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0OFzvd65FA[/YouTube] Now to scale it down...