Gen 1 XMod steering motor, will it fit?

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Teppudama
bitHood

Gen 1 XMod steering motor, will it fit?

Post by Teppudama »

I know that many of you will look at this and think I am nut to try and put that in a Bit/Zip, but I am not thinking of using it for the steering, but rather the driving.
I have a messed up Gen 1 Supra that I am cannibalizing to fix other cars, and had to take it apart to see if I could use the steering servo for another vehicle. They changed the sizes between Gen 1 and Evo, so it didn't work, but it is about the same size as the drive motor out of one of these micros.
I am not sure what RPM it is, not even sure where to look or if it is marked, but I figured one of you may have stumbled across this idea, so I thought I might ask since I could not find it on a search.
Thanks in advance!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i've never tried it but they are the same size. i don't see any problems with trying it out :-o
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Most steering motors have more torque and a lot less RPMs than what we're used to, but go ahead and try it, you never know.

Will it fit? Its piece of plastic, and we're modders, of coarse it will fit, somehow. People around here have crammed Zip Zap monster truck motors, Superslicks motors. If there's a will there is a way.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Teppudama
bitHood

Post by Teppudama »

Looks like it is experiment time, I will let you know how it works.