Slotcar Rear in a Bit/Zip??

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks Shaun, I was thinking about looking at some slot car sites. BTW Ibjamn's heavy chevy is the truck I was thinking about when I said I thought it was a truck I rememberd the slot car rear in. I do love that truck.

Hey Frizzen, have you put the radio shack slot car track together, I'm looking for a cheap present for my freinds kid and Radio Shack has them on clearence...I was wondering if they work at all.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Had it since about the time Cars ZZ were released, and I haven't assembled the one I've got. Looks like it should work ok though. Maybe open up one of the cars, thin the body, take a couple winds off the motor, static balance the armature... They may be cheap toys, but they're still slots!

ibjamn,
You're building one of them too? :sad: So much for the originality points... What kinda guts are you going for?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

frizzen wrote: ibjamn,
You're building one of them too? :sad: So much for the originality points... What kinda guts are you going for?
What's the frowned face for?
It's actually dad's, but we have to find the time to work on it.
If I told ya what the guts were going to be, and what the result will be...... you wouldn't believe me.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

So which one of those did you/your dad grab? Mine is the light brown, kinda camel colored, and it had a black fox-chassis mustang.

At this stage, I'm planning on using most of the Maisto chassis, a ZZ Cars Camero donor, ZZ-M motor, slot rear...

When it comes to people and RC projects, I'm to the point I'll believe almost all of them. After seeing everything from MAN 8x8 in 1/87 and 1/10 scales, 4 cell pancars that can break 30mph, matt trax, brushless+Lithium in everything, RC paratroopers, a KIT competition 2.2 rock crawler... chances are I'd believe it
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Dad got the blue one with the Ghia (which the dish wheels will look superb on my next herbie zip)..... and I have the purple one with the Lexus GS 430 car(more donor stuff).

True, a lot has been accomplished in th RC world. If we get his done, we'll put a vid up of it. Words just won't explain it as well.
But, so far, it will get the same slot gear set up as the Heavy Chevy. I don't like how the higher gearing acted on it, so it will need to be geared down some more, somehow.