Normal Run Time ZZMT?

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
ZZMTSilverado

Normal Run Time ZZMT?

Post by ZZMTSilverado »

Tried searching but couldn't find a post on normal battery life. I just got a brand new ZZMT. Running the Orange motor. Getting 15 to 20 seconds of run time after a minute charge. Does this sound right?

I can lengthen this a little if I charge twice. Is my internal 2.4V 70mah battery dead? Do I perform the dual cell mod in parallel? I realize this is a newb post but any advice, (aside from links to the search button), is appreciated.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Gotta ask the dumb question first...

Did you put fresh alkalines in the controller?
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

I charge 3x w/ about a minute to cool in between and run it off the ground till the wheels stop turning before recharging and the run times still suck charging off the controller.

I made up a charger with a 6v 800mah wall charger from Radio Shack for $20. It's pretty easy to wire up and way better. Just cut off the lead and solder it into where the batteries connect or get another plug to cut then you can disconnect it and use the controller with batteries when you travel.

Now I add a zzse bat. wired in parallel. It's more compact than dual mt batts. and the same voltage.

If you don't want to mod your controller, do what Hue said. :-o
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622