HPI Racing 1/32nd Scale racer

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
45tr0
bitNinja

HPI Racing 1/32nd Scale racer

Post by 45tr0 »

1/32 scale HPI pan cars - these look awesome!

http://www.redrc.net/2009/05/hpi-racing ... b-d8-flux/
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: HPI Racing 1/32nd Scale racer

Post by PimpFloyd »

I think 1/32nd scale would make a great scale for RC and these look GREAT :-o

There's an enormous amount of body possibilities for this scale as well, everything from static plastic model bodies to really GREAT slot car bodies. Being an HPI, hopefully support and parts won't be a problem, I just hope it doesn't go down the path of the DeNano price wise and channel to market wise... :o

I wonder when they will be available?

PF
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

dunno about distribution, but i'm gonna call it now - if these get full release they'll kill the dnano in a month. :-)
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I think I've seen these somewhere before. :???:

Ironically, I was talking to the owner of the local Hobbytown, and he's thinking about setting up the dNano program, that I was going to try to talk him into, until I found out how much they cost. I told him that I though they were really cool, but I thought the cars were too pricey, and he was saying the cars are only $150, which would still be pricey for a tiny car, but if I remember right when I was doing my research, that $150 was just for the ready set, and they wanted like another $150 for the radio/power package.

I think Mini-Zs are overpriced, and I think Kyosho has had a history of overpricing cars. HPI on the other hand has always had a way of giving you a little more for your money, so I'm just guessing, but I would assume the HPI car is going to be a fairer deal, and kill any hopes the dNano ever catching on.

I'm actually trying to talk Terry into just getting an RCP track, and telling him he could use it for Mini-Z or just throw some jumps on it to race Micro-Ts. Me and my new buddy Adam are really leaning into them to run some kind of racing program out of the shop. There is an awesome area for running on road right behind the shop. We were running out there the other day.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

crazydave wrote:I think I've seen these somewhere before. :???:

Oooh Oooh Oooh! Pick me, pick me Mr Kotter!

I know where you saw them...http://ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/show ... 32nd+Scale
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

wouldn't happen to be somewhere like from an as-yet unpublished magazine review? :???:

cos it would be badass if it was :-o
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

45tr0 wrote:

wouldn't happen to be somewhere like from an as-yet unpublished magazine review? :???:

cos it would be badass if it was :-o
Uhhh no. I think Sidewinder may be correct. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

damn - i was totally hoping my conspiracy theory would play out!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

My local HT USA owner is at some kind of HT convention this week, vendor showings start tomorrow. I asked him to keep an eye out for this at the HPI booth and get the low-down on it if it's there.

Actually, his Dad and I called him tonight while he was having dinner to ask him a question on an unrelated topic but I asked him to grab one and stuff it up his shirt...he said :???: :-)

PF
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

PimpFloyd wrote:My local HT USA owner is at some kind of HT convention this week, vendor showings start tomorrow. I asked him to keep an eye out for this at the HPI booth and get the low-down on it if it's there.

Actually, his Dad and I called him tonight while he was having dinner to ask him a question on an unrelated topic but I asked him to grab one and stuff it up his shirt...he said :???: :-)

PF
Ours is there too. We sent him with a video camera, hopefully he can figure out how to use it. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

hopefully he can figure out how to use it.
LOL!
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

According to my local HT USA guy - the 1/32 car is currently a Japan market only product. I suppose it could find its way here if there's enough interest but apparently the marketing between Japan and the USA has different approaches/views.

In Japan it's not uncommon for HPI to just whip something out fresh off the R&D bench and say "here ya go". They apparently are hesistant about doing that here.

He did mention that...right after the HPI rep went thru his whole synopsis on the subject another HT USA owner right after him asked about it as well.

Oh well, we always have the mini-Z I guess and who knows, maybe Losi will make a sedan chassis in 1/36 micro T-dum scale - or at least some cottage industrialist will make a chassis kit for the micro-T. I still can't believe someone like RPM hasn't come up with this yet!

Just me babbling :-D
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Well, it did take a year for the Q-steer/Tamiya buggies to hit the US........ even if it was under a different distributor.