Nikko 1/14 mods?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
Karl

Nikko 1/14 mods?

Post by Karl »

I dont know if any of you have seen the Nikko 1/14 scale cars called the 'evolution' series? Anyway the link is here : http://shop.nikko-rc.com/E_frame.html?h ... _home.html

Im running mine with slicks + a sprint motor. Does anyone know of any mods for them? With the sprint she hits around 35-40mph on a good day.

Thanks for any replys,

Karl
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

sir, a hobby level car has a moderately hard time reaching 40 mph. you might not be bluffing, but chances are, that car is too small and doesnt have a setup necessary to reach speeds of 40 mph. to make it go faster, i dont have much to tell you because not man people have noticed them yet, you being one of the few.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

hmm.. :???:
Karl

Post by Karl »

Nope man I aint bluffing. I was supprised at the speed when I put the new motor in, i chase cars down my street when they go past.

The problem with the high speed is a realy short run time which I would like to improve on. Another problem is tires turning into slicks very fast, which means more $$$ to spend..

Cheers,
Karl
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

buy better battery's if possible , if they run on the 7.2v nicad packs for 1/10 cars , then you can get different mah ratings for exapmle ,
say a 1400 mah battery vs a 1900 mah battery , 1900mah would give more power and also a better runtime ,
giving you the best of both worlds , only thing is the price , maybe you could pick one up cheap on ebay or something, as some have been used very little and are for sale , some cost like £20 for standard tamiya 1400 mah battery , now i think i have seen a 1600mah for around £30-35
you may get around an extra 3-5 mins runtime , wich all ads up in the long run ,
hope i helped ,
h20 :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

lol you can buy 3600 mah cells and packs now.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

ooooooooollllllddddddddddddd pppoossst
We don't need no god damn roads!