Need help on deciding on a car

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Need help on deciding on a car

Post by stagg »

Well, im not sure what kind of car i want, .... im so.. confused theres so many

Tonight i had my bday party, and i got 389, and yes, i counted it like 40 times lol. I think.. i might have a nother birthday party this year, lol

Well, i want an electric, thats probaly 1/10 i wonna drift, but i dont know if i'd get bored of just drifting.
What do u guys think's more fun for you, drifting or racing, or both even?
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

I say both, I'm looking at getting something like this:
http://h1069473.hobbyshopnow.com/produc ... d=TAM58323
M3's rule! :rockon:
What do Ya'll think, but anyway I'm getting off topic,
I say go drift with that money, there's plenty of awesome 1/10th scale cars that are in that price range. However racing is good.... :???:
DRIFT HAPPENS
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Re: Need help on deciding on a car

Post by Tuner1989 »

stagg wrote:Well, im not sure what kind of car i want, .... im so.. confused theres so many

Tonight i had my bday party, and i got 389, and yes, i counted it like 40 times lol. I think.. i might have a nother birthday party this year, lol

Well, i want an electric, thats probaly 1/10 i wonna drift, but i dont know if i'd get bored of just drifting.
What do u guys think's more fun for you, drifting or racing, or both even?

theres yokomo drift cars that you can look at on towerhobbies but the price is somewhat ridiculous when you can just take a 4wd car and make it drift
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Stagg, the yokomos are a Rip off. You can get a Tmiaya kit or something and put the drift body and tires on it fo rless than youd pay for the kit. Tamiya kits are nice, but they're instructions are hard to understand. The new TC4 RTR is a pretty solid package, so is the T-Spec we discussed earler. We weill take a look at mankins this Saturday (are you still up for it?), I think they still have some TC3s on closeout.
There's no replacement for displacment.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

If u want to race & drift definitly go with the TC3.. To drift it i would get a pro-stock motor which are 27 turn, and get some PVC pipe to fit the rims. If u think PVC is to lose, find some ABS piping.. For all your 1:10 drifting needs visit; http://www.driftrcentral.com/ and go to the FAC section.

-BD
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

The only problem with the TC3 is it is discontinued, and parts are becomming harder and harder to find for it. For a solid platform for whatever you want to do, Id go with a TC4 RTR or even a Kit.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

TC3 or TC4 would work... Hmm, u can still find loads of stuff for the TC3 if u look at the right places, and i havent heard about to many things braking on it. Plus its cheaper.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Yes, it is cheaper, but at the Hobby shops around where Stagg and I live, parts are becomming harder and harder to find.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Ahh, ok.. Here there still plentiful :-)
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

At the HS where me and Stagg are hopefully meeting Sat, they have a TC3 Racer kit. If it is pretty cheap, I may pick it up. I am sort of wanting an RC12.