Will I ever go 1:10?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

I think he had the stuff from tower shipped to someone in the states already but needs to know how much you want for the servo and a micro deans shipped to Barbados.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

If geared right, the 17t will be great. With a 16 tooth pinion in a touring car, I KNOW you will have the torque you will need. Going much lower than a 17 turn motor with regular 0 degree timing won't have a significant amount of more torque than the 17 turn motor, but will be slower, resulting in nothing but slower speeds.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

sg219 wrote:I'm confused. :-?

A simple list and item numbers would be good.
In a nutshell, all I need from you now are:

The servo you were offering, and
a deans micro plug

Shipped here to Barbados. So let me know :-)

Maxx
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

stampede_dude wrote:If geared right, the 17t will be great. With a 16 tooth pinion in a touring car, I KNOW you will have the torque you will need. Going much lower than a 17 turn motor with regular 0 degree timing won't have a significant amount of more torque than the 17 turn motor, but will be slower, resulting in nothing but slower speeds.
How do you figure that?? If you go lower in turns you get higher speeds with less tourqe.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

Sorry, I was thinking wrong...I was talking about a higher turn motor such as a 19 turn reedy quad mag. I don't know anything much about that motor but if it is a racing motor it is also advanced 24 degrees in timing. Drifting is going to heaten the motor up anyways, no need to get it even hotter for no reason...
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

As far as I know stock motors are the only motors with fixed 24 degree timing.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

the reedy quad mag is fixed timing.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Hmm didnt know that :( o well.
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

heres mine at jackson hobby shop best in nj.
token with chucks bad ass maera fo sho Image
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

I just had to pay 100 fuckin US dollars in shipping from Miami, for the chassis, it was only 7kg :o

Stinkin Skybox bastards :blazin:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

I finally got my TC3 chassis yesterday. Factory team. Looking it over, it doesn't seem to be too hard to tune. I just have to figure out how to adjust the differentials. I'm still waiting on my drift tyres, and electronics. The 10-spokes look SICK!!!

When my GFs mom comes back from vacation I'll be sure to post lotsa pics.

Maxx
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Just a little update.

I've cut out the body and mounted it. All be it a ghetto method, but it's mounted. Since this is a 200mm body the rear body posts were too short. So now it's barely adiquate. I painted the front wheels. Now the spokes are "Dark Bronze Metalic". You can't tell from the crappy photo, but they look SWEET. As planned, I bought the chrome rims to have a chrome lip on the wheels after painting.

I got a couple servos from SG. I had to swap the wires because the servo I prefered didn't have the right connection (Good looking out SG).

Now for the problems. I bought the chassis 2nd hand and now I have some minor niggling annoyances to deal with.
1) No motor mounting screws
2) No ball stud for the servo, and
3) No servo horn (I had to use one from my MRS4)

I have a friend who's into 1:10 pretty heavy so I should be able to get that stuff easy. Either that, or I have an idea on how to at least get the servo hooked up.

The rear wheels aren't in the picture on purpose. These aren't finished. I have to make them deep dished versions of their forward counterparts. I just have to get the electronics in first so that I can use the car+motor as a kind of laithe.

I propably won't post propper pics until it's finished. But I'm on my way to my GF's to borrow her camera. So other pics I've promised will be posted tomorrow.

Here it is, the picture is crap but you guys know how the body looks already. Just imagine it now with the rims :-o

I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out, but unfortunately when I painted it, I was ignorant and didn't know that acrylic paint was a no no for lexan bodies. So this will be my practice body, and I'll pimp something fresh pretty soon after I get the hang of drifting.

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out, but unfortunately when I painted it, I was ignorant and didn't know that acrylic paint was a no no for lexan bodies. So this will be my practice body, and I'll pimp something fresh pretty soon after I get the hang of drifting.

Maxx
:lol:

Just don't hit nothin', as soon as you hit somethin', part of your paint job is gonna shatter and be laying on the ground. I've seen it happen. :(
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Just a couple of clearer pics...

Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

You need some wheels with 5-6mm of offset. :-o