Will I ever go 1:10?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

O so your prob gonna want a 27t stocker huh Id get the p2k2 or green machine :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Scorpion wrote:O so your prob gonna want a 27t stocker huh Id get the p2k2 or green machine :-o
hey, know where I can get a:

Servo
ESC w/ reverse
stock motor

All together rather cheap?
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:O so your prob gonna want a 27t stocker huh Id get the p2k2 or green machine :-o
hey, know where I can get a:

Servo
ESC w/ reverse
stock motor

All together rather cheap?
Try Tower for a cheap NIB set-up.

Or...

Search Ebay and different forums for the items seperately.

I could sell you a Stinger motor and a servo, but I don't have an extra ESC. (plus, all mine are FWD only.)
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

I'll keep you in mind SG. But that definately sounds good.
I'm gunna look for an ESC on the bay. I was looking this morning but I didn't find any. I'll look again.

Actually gimmie a price, in a PM
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Id get the servo and motor from SG219 and also send him the money to buy an Associated A.I. Automatic Super Reverse ESC from tower. With the $20 off $50 code you get when you sign up for their newsletter thats $42 shipped from tower for the ESC then how much ever he charges for the servo, stinger, and shipping. The only reason I say do this is so you can have everything shiped in one package to save on shipping.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Let me know what you wanna do.

I dropped you that PM.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

I dont want to piss anyone off but the stinger motor is shit if you don't put the arm in a rebuildable can. All of mine kicked the bucket after about 15 runs without a reason why. If you have a rebuildable can to put the armature into though it is a pretty nice motor.

A stock motor is fast for 27 turn, but they have extremely advanced timing to pull the most out of a motor sacraficing the temperature of the motor. They don't have alot of torque, and since drifting puts stress to a motor and requires alot of torque, I would suggest a different motor. I have had good experiences with the Speed Gems series of motors.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXCUP9&P=7

If that motor has problems or gets hot, you will need to gear it down some. That is one of the best motors, IMO, if geared correctly. The ESC Scorpion posted would be fine, but novak makes some good escs aswell. I don't really know what you are looking for in an ESC so i'll let someone else help you. The only advice on that I can really give you is to buy a used one. ESCs almost never wear out if they aren't stressed.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

stampede_dude, I like the looks of that motor, and overly advancing the timing will kill your motor alot faster. So SG, can you get the motor and ESC off tower for a discounted price, for me?

So the servo from you and the motor+ESC from tower.
Just PM me the final cost of every thing going to NY 10705.
And don't forget your paypal addy.

I'm posting this after I replied to your PM, so you can ignore that for now.

@stampede: I want the receiver asap, so link me when you find it.

I'd like all those electronics to be at my aunts house at the same time, before she leaves the states to come home. Beats the HELL out of cutoms :cool:

Maxx
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

Maxx,
I am really sorry man, I have looked EVERYWHERE for that thing and I can't find it. I had to ship some other stuff and I lost it when I did. I will look for it some more but if your aunt is leaving soon, I would go ahead and order one from tower. I am really sorry.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

I agree the Stinger sucks but how in the hell did you kill it I had one that that ran for 2 years. The speed gems is a nice series but a 17t wont have near as much tourqe as a 27t I wouldnt get anything under a 19t for drifting.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Ok guys, I got a little carried away. My current bill BEFORE shipping and customs from Florida is $225.35. That's almost $500 of my dollars, so I gotta slow down. The drifter's bill is only $165.35 tho.

So far I have:
  • TC3 chassis------85.00 (factory team)
    ABS tyres---------9.99
    Rims---------------18.98
    17T motor---------
    motor leads-------
    pinion 6-pack------51.38
That has to be a good deal so far. Modified TC3 for under $200?

SG, give me the price of just the servo and a deans micro plug(unrelated to this thread) with shipping to Barbados. I'll hold off the things from tower for the time being.
Scorpion wrote:I agree the Stinger sucks but how in the hell did you kill it I had one that that ran for 2 years. The speed gems is a nice series but a 17t wont have near as much tourqe as a 27t I wouldnt get anything under a 19t for drifting.
I guess I'll just have to use the 16t pinion to generate the torque I need. Hopefully that'll work

Thanks
Maxx
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

It may but Id play it safe and get atleast a 19t you can get a 19t Reedy Quad Mag for about $5 more than the speed gems.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Scorpion wrote:It may but Id play it safe and get atleast a 19t you can get a 19t Reedy Quad Mag for about $5 more than the speed gems.
well it's too late, I bought the stuff while I was posting so ....
I'm kinda sorry I didn't see your post before I did, but hey :-?

Thanx for the imput scorpion
Maxx
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

No problem :-o If you gear the speed gems right you may be able to pull enough tourqe from it to drift.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I'm confused. :-?

A simple list and item numbers would be good.