Tamiya Tamtech?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Tamiya Tamtech?

Post by viperdout »

This really didn't fit in the xmod or Mini-Z section, but it's 1:24, so it doesn't really fit well here, but I felt it was best here. I'm going to start a winter project, and it's between a really fast bit (li-po + BIFF = ludicris speed) and a Tamtech. After LBRC un-earthed his (pics on R7R), I remembered that I've really want to build one of these up restomod style, my dropping in either a Beast Raptor, S04, Anima, or Plasmatronic (probably the Anima, because the plasmatronic might be a little too hot), spy ESC, novak or RC18T receiver (something small and decased), li-po, along with an HS55. My question is, does this use a separate servo or a box-type thing like a Mini-Z? Also, are the receiver and ESC one piece? I was thinking about a Mamba but I really don't want to break hard-to-find parts often (as many people know, mambas chew up drivetrains like starving snakes in a cage with mice). Anyway, the chassis design is older than I am (hope that didn't make you feel old), so if you guys have any info you can pass along, it'd be appreciated.