midget's new racer- BRP SC18 V2

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

midget's new racer- BRP SC18 V2

Post by midget_man1387 »

Well I've been holding out on you guys. About a month back, I purchased a NIB BRP SC18 V2 from Bud Bartos. Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the 1/18th on-road scene, Bud Bartos is the owner and founder of BRP(Bud's Racing Products). His parts are among the best you can buy for the 1/18th world.

Anyway, his shop/track is about 20 minutes from me. He also races at the track I race at on friday nights(indoor on-road carpet). I had only heard small bits about the BRP cars but after seeing them in action I knew i had to have one. I asked him if he had any with him and he said yes. So, for $100 I had an awesome racer that needed electronics only.

The kit I bought was worth well over $100. It included the entire chassis, with ball bearings, a ball diff, and batts. The only problem was that I had to assemble the entire thing. But after a few hours and a couple questions I had the whole car together, minus electronics.

so after that night I went to the 'Bay and purchased the things i needed to get it on the track.

And this is what I ended up with:

chassis: http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery9145.htm
body: http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery9244.htm

The body was my first ever lexan paint job and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

I raced it this past friday and had battery troubles(I soldered them extremely poorly), but when I was able to race, I was speechless. I've never had as much fun driving an r/c as this one. It's quick and amazingly nimble. Best on-road car on the market. Without a doubt.

I have fixed my batteries since last friday and can't wait until this friday to do some major racing!

oh yeah, and this isn't the only thing I race.

I love 18th scale!!! :-o :-o :-)
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

midget i was following it on ripper7racing you would know me as racerx. it looks good but how does it handle the track
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Those are good cars. A few months back RC Driver did a series with the HPI, X-ray, and that BRP car. Even when they fully hopped up the 4wd cars that simple 2wd pan car still spanked them. Which goes to show... Keep It Simple (Stupid). :-o

My god what have you done to that Mini-T? And you say you're still having issues with it? Doesn't look like there's any Mini-T left in there. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Kokolo wrote:midget i was following it on ripper7racing you would know me as racerx. it looks good but how does it handle the track

handle's like a dream. Never driven a car like it. If any of you ever get the opportunity to drive or own one, do NOT pass it up.

Dave-

you mean what havne't I done? There are like 3 stock parts, I think lol

I bought TI turnbuckles and still managed to bend them :o so I'm going to purchase some BRP ones.

and since I transferred my ball diff to my alloy tranny cover, it's lost its smoothness so I need to buy a diff rebuild kit for it.

yup, Bud kept it simple and it paid off!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Check out Lundsford for titanium. :-o
crazydave's Gallery
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

they don't make any for mini-t :(
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

midget_man1387 wrote:they don't make any for mini-t :(
I just read this post at over at one18th, from Losi rep Richard Trujillo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikntired
Rich,
Just wanted to know if the trunbuckles are adjustable or plastic one piece? Also the ball ends, are they going to use mini t (small) threads, 1/10th (large) threads or are they totally different from both and are we going to have to buy MLST specified ball ends?
One more thing will the MLST fit into the trinity mini t field bag or the itsy bitsy spyder bag?

thanks

The ball studs are the standard Mini T ball studs.

The tie rods are technically adjustable, but for ease of production, the ballcups are threaded onto a threaded rod and butted up to each other. You can adjust the toe in, but no toe out. The camber is preset by the molded upper suspension arms.
Although the production ball cups work pretty good, I changed mine to Standard Losi ball cups. I'm using the JRX-S ball cups and then standard losi ball studs.
Not necessary, but who can leave their trucks stock?

Sorry I don't know anything about Trinity Products
There's your solution, switch to standard ball studs so you can use standard size ball cups. They sell turnbuckles individually in a large variety of sizes, so you can put together your own set, and of these held up to impacts from gas cars on my 1/10th scale Losi, then you should never have a problem again.
crazydave's Gallery
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Well I've got the turnbuckles covered. I picked up some BRP turnbuckles from Bud, which are 1/10th turnbuckles. I also won an auction for a diff rebuild kit.

I took a few new shots of the BRP so I'll try and upload them later before work. It's a bit worn after some good racing!
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »