Mamba Package pricing?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

crazydave wrote:Now you got my curiosity going about coreless motors. This part is partivular got my interest:
When you spin the armature, you will notice the motor has a lot less resistance that a regular motor. The Elite Modified Motor tends to "coast" a lot more because of this.

But I'm curious if there's any chance the stock Losi speedo will handle these motors? If I'm gonna have to get a new ESC at the same time, a sensored brushless motor like the mamba, is looking more interesting again.
Mamba's sensorless. In fact, I haven't seen a single 1:18 setup with sensors. The elite motor's very fast, and would probably work on the losi ESCs, though don't hold me to it. Personally, we ran it on a spy, and it's designed to be put on a stock MRS4, so it should be fine. On the 20X40 track, the coreless was the best motor money could buy.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

viperdout wrote:I have no idea on the coreless, but the Orion coreless has a sealed endbell, so I dunno how they expect you to change the brushes.

Edit: http://www.balakracing.com/teamorionelitemod.htm

According to that, Orion never wants you to open up that motor, so it chould be perfect. It's expensive, but it is a fabulous motor.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBEF4

I forgot to mention, it should have a seriously increased runtime compared to most brushed motors.
Hehe, I thought that motor sounded familiar...Especially since that's what I'm running right now in my M18! :-D

I'm currently running the Novak Spy ESC with the Orion Elite Modified Micro Motor. I was running 17t/36t pinion/spur, but I've upgraded to 42t spur and will put in the 15t pinion. This is all powered by a 6-cell.

I like the setup, but I want something faster. Hence this discussion about the Mamba pricing.