Quick Q: Do all Mamba ESCs says "Mamba" on them?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
Namuna
bitPimp

Quick Q: Do all Mamba ESCs says "Mamba" on them?

Post by Namuna »

I'm in communications with someone about buying a Mamba Package (Motor and ESC) from them.

They don't seem to know much about the Mambas (they bought their RC used with everything already in it) and I want to KNOW for sure that if I buy this package from them whether or not it is indeed a Mamba ESC with it.

So, do all Mamba ESCs have "Mamba" on them...So I can ask this person to LOOK at it and see if it says Mamba on it? Or do the Mamba ESCs not all have the names on them (like if they're in a Packaged setup.

Thanks!

Post by sg219 »

This is what my ESC looks like...

Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Did you buy that ESC in a "Mamba Package" with a motor?

Post by sg219 »

I bought it used.

I would think ALL Mamba ESC's would have a Mamba sticker on it, unless someone took it off.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

they all look like sg's, unless u mod them of course. most people take off the shrink wrap and stick on a heatsink.
[]D [] []V[] []D
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

yeah, they come with the labels on them and ALL mamba brushless motors are green.

If you're getting a "package" motor+esc, they usually come in a box labeld mamba, go on ebay and search for mamba competition packages and you should see photes of the box.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

My sticker got cooked off for some reason, my M18's fell off, and my xmod's ESC got re-wrapped. To tell if it's a real mamba, it should have 3 rows of 4 fets each, a blue cap the width of the board on the battery side, and the wires coming off of the ESC should say "Castle Creations" or part of that on them, depending on length. If they don't, it's either very old, or has been worked on by someone other than castle. I'd say don't touch it if some wires are not Castle's. The ESC on my xmod is about 20 months old and does not have the Castle wires, but my Zilla's ESC does, which was sent in for fixing to Castle 4 or so months ago (roughly 14 months old, not sure if it said that before that). I'll get measurements for you tomorrow.