Micro RS4 Drifter

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Micro RS4 Drifter

Post by SHAUN »

Most of you have probably seen my Micro RS4 on R&R, Scale, GD, and RCC. For those of you who haven't here is my Micro RS4, it is still a work in progress though, I'm a "noob" to on-road so and advice is helpful.

I traded USAtorue55 a set of m2ks for this great car, I have been wanting a micro rs4 for many years now and finally own one.

This is how the car started.

The tear down.

All clean.

Fuel tube springs(waiting on real springs) and front suspension correctly hooked up.

What it currently looks like.

Team Orion U-power chassis.
Team Orion Front alloy rims.
Electrical tape drift tires.

I still need to "tighty up" the wires, ect ect.
If pics are to big I will resize them.

Comments welcome.

Thank you,
Shaun
1000+ post of BS.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

So when did he come back?
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Come back?

I took her out today in my nasty driveway, I tried to stay in the dry parts, but that just wasn't going to happen. The front end is way to hard, I got a 20 minute run, but it just wasn't very fun with the front so hard, it now looks like a pile of dog crap because its covered in water and dirt/mud.
1000+ post of BS.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Like I said to you before you placed your electronics, you should move them more toward the front. You need more weight on the front so that you can have more grip on the front wheels.
Imagine a rock tied to a string, it's very easy so trirl around, because all of the weight is situated at one end. Now try to stop it from spinning, you can't.
Now imagine holding a broom-stick at one end, it's a bit harder to twirl and alot easier to stop.

I said all that to say:
If all the weight is situated at the rear (like the rock on the string) the car will easily get the ass out, but it will be very hard to stop that rotation so that the car begins to drift.
A more balanced car may be a little harder to get the ass out but it will be ALOT easier to control the rotation and maintain the drift.

I really hope you read all that
Welcome back :-o
Maxx
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I have moved them up front, I kept the ESC where it was and moved the RX up.
1000+ post of BS.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

and....
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

It drifts better, I haven't been able to drift very much do to snow/ice. I added a little solder up front and it helped a lot.
1000+ post of BS.