wtf?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
trekbikedude
bitThug

wtf?

Post by trekbikedude »

I just got new era shocks for my stampede vxl and I can't figure out how to swap the internals of the old shocks into the new aluminum ones.

Anyone help? thanks
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm not familiar with New Era shocks, but I think several of us are familiar Traxxas shocks. Can you elaborate? What exactly are you having a problem with? The fit? Getting the old shocks apart?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I don't understand why you want to switch the internals of the shock?

Did the new eras not come with pistons/shafts? Why not go with the TRX big bores?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
trekbikedude
bitThug

yea

Post by trekbikedude »

I figured it out I had to hold the shaft with some needle nose pliers to get the all joint thing off they did not come with internals and one of them was defective because it wasn't cnc'd out all the way.

On another note, what's a good lipo battery for these things? I'm pretty clear on what charger to get but I'm not sure about the battery the guy at the hobby shop was telling me theres a lipo where you get 3 hours of run time? an hour would be fine for me. I'm just wondering what to look for and will the truck need any upgrades for the lipo speed? They said to get beadlocks?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.
trekbikedude
bitThug

damn!

Post by trekbikedude »

I got an onyx charger a 3s lipo (5350) mah and a balancer today damn that thing flies I got the Flightpower battery and balancer its a nice setup. Are there any guidelines on the li po batteries? Like if I let them sit, do I have to charge them because if they discharge all the way I know theres no coming back. Also, what milliamp hours can I charge them at? I shouldn't go over 5.3 right? But I can go lower than that for better runtime?
trekbikedude
bitThug

anyone?

Post by trekbikedude »

bump?
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Yes, never charge any battery over its rated mah (I.E. 1000mah battery should be charged at 1.0amps or less.)

Here is a good LIPO care care page.

http://maxamps.com/lipo-care.php
Last edited by SHAUN on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1000+ post of BS.
trekbikedude
bitThug

yea

Post by trekbikedude »

thanks man.